13. Don't You Dare

Jasmine Knight

It's another day, waking up bored.

After our 'cooking session' yesterday, we made some extra tacos and put them in the freezer. We remade them and enjoyed them for dinner.

I wonder what Arden's up to right now.

I took a quick shower and wore a pretty, printed yellow sundress. It's hotter today then yesterday and I thought of hanging out by the pool.

I walked towards Arden's room and knocked. I waited a minute but did not get any reply. I then walked downstairs and saw the kitchen, dining room, games' room and the training room were empty.

Where is this man?

I walked outside the house, towards the pool area and saw a very shirtless Arden sitting there with just a pair of swimming trunks on, his back facing me. He was currently lounging on the sun-bathing chair placed inside the pool. He had a drink in his one hand and a book in the other.

"Good morning." I said as I walked further towards him.

"Good morning." He said as he took notice of me. He put his glass down and closed the book her was reading.

He stood up from his seat and gave me a proper view of his fit body. He had a lean figure with noticeable abs and bulging biceps.

"I was just going to have some breakfast." I said.

"Don't starve babygirl, here's your snack." Arden cockily said as he gestured towards his bare front.

"Umm..." I couldn't figure what to say after that.

"Smoothie it is." I announced and went into the kitchen to make myself a blueberry-banana one.

I was cutting up the bananas when I accidentally cut my finger. A loud scream escaped my mouth and in a minute, Arden was present in the kitchen.

He walked towards me and immediately put my finger under some cold running water.

"So clumsy. You should've asked me to make it for you." He said examining the cut on my pointer finger.

"I didn't want to trouble you for a mere glass of smoothie." I said as I felt guilty for ruining his relaxed mood.

"What trouble? I just had to throw things in the blender and blend them." He nonchalantly said.

"I know, but you were in such a relaxed mood. I just didn't want to disturb you." I said as I looked down from his eyes.

Two fingers caught ahold of my chin and he tilted my head, so as to make my eyes meet his.

Today, neither of us were wearing our contact lenses. His green and my blue eyes, clashed against each other.

"I'm here to take care of you and vice-versa. I can't afford you burning, cutting or hurting yourself while trying to make something for yourself in the kitchen. I'm here and I can cook. Just ask me. I'll gladly do your kitchen chores for you." He said and I nodded.

"Thanks Arden." I sincerely said and he nodded, accepting my 'thanks'.

He then silently went upstairs and fetched me a bandage. He took the banana and knife from my right hand and started making the smoothie himself.

"I'll make it. In the meantime, go change. Let's hangout by the pool today." He said as if trying not to think too much about my bandaged finger.

I silently nodded and went to my room. I applied sunscreen all over my body and wore a red swimsuit with a black mesh coverup over it.