26. Admission?

Jasmine Knight

I rubbed my eyes to get rid of the terrible headache. I drank my ass off yesterday. I just never learn.

I let out a groan and sat on my bed.

Glimpses of last night ran back in my mind and a shiver passed down my spine.

We had sex.

Again.

Wow.

I rubbed my hands over my face and got off the bed. I walked towards the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and rubbed the remains of last night off me. I shampooed my hair and applied the conditioner. I then got out of the bathroom and changed into a pair of khaki-coloured mini-skirt and a simple black crop-top. I left my hair open and wore a pair of white sneakers.

I wore the skirt a little more up than necessary. I want to get a reaction out of Arden. I know he can't resist a pair of long legs.

I wore some minimal accessories and sprayed my favourite perfume, Versace Dylan Blue.

Lastly, I added a touch of red lipstick and gave myself an overall.

I look hot.

I blew myself an air kiss in the mirror and walked downstairs. I entered the hallway before the kitchen to find two voices coming from inside. One of Arden's and the other from an unknown man.

Shit! Someone found us.

"How did you find our address?" Came Arden's voice.

"Wasn't difficult." The voice of the other man said.

"Are you with the FBI?" Arden asked.

"Why, of course." The stranger said.

His voice was kind of similar to Arden's; manly and smooth.

I furrowed my eyebrows at my unusual observation. That's absurd.

I walked towards the study, my footsteps barely audible. I entered the study and walked towards bookshelf.

"Third book from right on the second shelf." I murmured to myself and picked the dark green book out.

"Bingo!" I said to myself as I pulled the book out and opened it to find it hollow. It was a fake book. It was a box and it had a gun inside of it.

I pulled the gun out and placed the green book back at it's original place. I checked the gun and thankfully it was fully loaded.

I silently walked out of the study and entered the kitchen. The stranger was siting in front of me with his back facing towards myself.

I internally panicked when I didn't see Arden anywhere.

I slowly walked up to the stranger and kept the tip of the gun on his head, after taking off the safety.

"Put your hands in the air!" I said in a threatening voice.

The stranger immediately did as I said.

"Who are you?" I questioned as I still kept him at gun point but turned to face him.

His face shocked me but I kept my poker face on. I didn't wanna show any kind of emotions.

This is how we Mafia deal with such situations. Don't let the enemy know what's going inside of you. Always keep your face devoid of any emotions when negotiating or interrogating.

He had the same green eyes as Arden's. Same built as him and the same sharp nose.

I was surprised when he looked afraid. If he's from the police's side or a man of FBI, why is he startled upon seeing the gun in my hand?

Shouldn't he be trained in guns and other weapons?

Shouldn't he have a relaxed look on his face?

"I don't like repeating myself. Tell me who are you?" I said in a darker voice than before.

"Put down the gun, Trouble." I heard Arden's voice from behind me but I didn't turn.

"No!" I said and the next thing I know Arden's one hand snaked around my waist and bought me to his chest.

With the other hand, he took the gun from my hand and put the safety back on.

"You must be Jasmine." The stranger said.

"Jasmine, meet my younger brother, Axel Serrano." Arden said and I turned towards him with wide eyes.

"He's your brother?" I questioned and Arden nodded.

"Now go and put the gun back in the bookshelf and come have breakfast with us." Arden said as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my back.

"Okay?" He asked and I nodded, still a bit confused.

"Hello." Axel said with a polite smile.

"Hi. Sorry for the whole gun thing." I apologised.

"It's okay. Understandable. You thought I was a detective or something." He said.

"Yeah." I mumbled, still a bit embarrassed.

"So, you guys have done it yet? Shall I start looking for school admissions?" Axel said with teasing eyes.

"Shut up, Axel. Not funny." Arden said and to avoid the question or the topic, I walked back to the study.

The elder Serrano brother brought a storm into my life. I wonder what the younger one would do.

~ Jasmine's Outfit ~

QOTD: What's your favourite perfume?