21. First Snow

Arden Serrano

"Arden!" I heard Jasmine's voice as she banged her fist against my door.

"What?" I asked after I let out a groan. I glanced at my phone and it was 5:20 in the morning. It's too fucking early.

"Arden! Open the bloody door." She shouted as she continued banging her fist on my door.

"Jasmine!" I growled as I reluctantly put my feet on the floor. I took a small stretch and rubbed my palms against my sleepy face to get rid of the grogginess.

"Den!" Jasmine shouted at the top of her lungs. I mentally rolled my eyes at her and opened the fucking door.

"Jasmine, I'm afraid if you continue shouting my name like that, impure thoughts are going to enter my mind." I sassed and gave her a teasing smile. She gave me a sarcastic smile but the previous excited look didn't leave her eyes.

"Good morning to you too sunshine." She said as she entered my room.

"What morning? The sun hasn't even rose yet." I said as I again sat on my alluring bed.

Jasmine shrugged her shoulders and opened my cupboard. She rummaged through it and pulled out a pair of jacket.

"Wear this and meet me in the garden in 5." She said as she threw the jacket towards me.

"What? Why?" I asked.

She gave me an enthusiastic smile and opened the drapes. It was still very dark outside and I noticed it had started to snow.

"It's snowing!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh my God! Where?" I asked with fake enthusiasm in my voice.

"Shut up and come on." She said as she took my hand and pulled me up from the bed.

I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and wore the jacket. I walked downstairs to the garden and saw a thrilled Jasmine, playing around in the snow. She hasn't noticed my presence yet so I took a minute to observe her.

She was trying to catch the falling snow in between her palms, she was blowing air from her mouth and was getting amused at the fog coming out of her mouth. She was hopping around like a small child and she even did a small dance.

She is so precious.

"Arden! Come on. Come here." She gestured with her hands and I started walking towards her.

"I love playing in the first snow. Ava and I always wait for the first snowfall. We make snow angles, a giant snowman and we even have a snowball fight." She said with glimmer in her eyes. She was obviously missing her family and cousins and it just saddened me that she cannot enjoy it with them this year.

"So, let's." I said in an attempt to cheer her.

"You'll do all that with me?" She asked with hope and I nodded.

"First, snow angles." She said and laid on the ground. I laid at some distance from her and the both of us made our snow angles. After we were done, she wrote our names under the traces and clicked some pictures of it.

"Now, a giant snowman." She said and we both immediately got to work. It took a hell lot of time but we successfully made a snowman. Jasmine decorated it with pebbles and stones. She again took many photos of the snowman. I even took some pictures of her with it. She then took a selfie of us with it.

Jasmine decided that it's a snow woman and she named it Sharon.

"Next, we're gonna play a giant game of X's and O's." She handed a twig to me and with the help of her own, she drew a giant 3x3 grid on the garden. I won the game and she was pissed about it. She didn't take a picture since she lost but I did.

"I wanna make a snow pyramid." I said as the idea struck my mind.

"That's so childish." Jasmine said and scrunched up her nose. She was pissed since I won the X's and O's game and I refuse on having a rematch.

"Hello, Monica Geller, this is Amy Santiago. You have OCD." I said referring to characters from FRIENDS and Brooklyn 9/9.

"Fine. But please make me a cup of hot chocolate when we're done." Jasmine requested.

"You got it." I said and we straight away started on my snow pyramid. This took us some time too but we were proud of the end result.

Jasmine named it Armine.

Since we made it together and a pyramid has no gender. She combined our names and named it that. She again took some cute pictures of it.

I made us some hot chocolate and sat near the garden and drank them while reviewing the pictures. Out of nowhere Jasmine threw a snowball at me.

"Snowball fight time!" She exclaimed.

"You're dead meat." I said as I got up from my place and gathered some snow in my hands.

~ Their SnowWoman (Sharon) ~

~ The Snow Pyramid (Armine) ~

QOTD: What's the ship name for Jasmine and Arden?