11. Dance

Jasmine Knight

"Jas! Jasmine!" I heard Arden's voice break my beautiful sleep.

I groaned and frowned as I stretched in the bed. I looked at the clock on the wall and it was already 9 pm.

Yesterday we made instant noodles for dinner since I'm dense in the kitchen and Arden was too tired to cook.

We dined as we simultaneously bickered about a lot of things. Mainly about how unfair it is that I didn't get to choose my room here.

Eventually I made my peace with it. Considering I'm a girl, I decided it'll be okay for me to adjust in the pink-grey room.

"Go away, Arden." I said as I sat on my bed Indian style. I enjoyed a little stretch in bed itself. I lightly messaged my shoulder and neck. It helps me to start my morning in a relaxed way.

"May I come in?" He said as he knocked on my door.

"No." I answered.

The door opened and Arden entered the room anyways. He stood by the door as he leaned on the door frame and crossed his arms.

There we go with the muscles again.

"I could've been... indecent." I said with a pause.

"I knocked plus it's nothing I've not seen before." Arden said and I threw a pillow at him. I narrowed my eyes at him when I saw him catch it effortlessly.

"Get up now, you lazy ass." He said.

"Excuse you! You just woke up too." His hair were still wet and I assume it's because of the shower he recently took.

"I woke up at 5. I trained in the morning and made myself breakfast." He said and I rolled my eyes at him.

What kind of surgery do I need to undergo in order to wake up that early?

"So? Why should I?" I asked as I crossed my arms against my chest. I saw his eyes flicker at my chest for a fraction of a second before he met my eyes again.

"We're gonna cook." He said.

"We? I don't know how to cook a proper meal." I said.

"I'm gonna teach you." He nonchalantly said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Do you absolutely have to?" I asked as I lazily got out of the bed.

"I absolutely have to." He said as he emphasised 'absolutely'.

"Fine!" I groaned-slash-yelled.

"So elegant." He sarcastically commented and exited my room.

I mentally cursed him. I went to the bathroom and took a quick bath. I changed into a pair of printed skirt and white top.

It was a bit hotter here compared to NYC so why not. I tied my hair into a messy bun and left a few strands out.

I took my phone and went downstairs to see Arden pulling out different vegetables form the fridge.

"What're you making?" I asked.

"We are making Tacos."

I nodded and started playing music from my phone.

I don't wanna be alone tonight,
It's pretty clear that I'm not over you,
I'm still thinking 'bout the things you do,
So I don't wanna be alone tonight, alone tonight, alone tonight.

I twirled and simultaneously helped him gather things needed for the taco fillings.

Arden chuckled as he saw me see dance a little.

"Come, dance with me." I offered but he denied.

"Come on." I said as I pulled out the taco mix from the pantry.

He still didn't comply. I huffed and walked towards my phone. I started playing Shape of You by Ed Sheeran.

The club isn't the best place to find a lover,
So the bar is where I go.
Me and my friends at the table doing shots,
Drinking fast and then we talk slow.

I walked towards Arden and turned his body towards me.

"Dance with me." I said as I swayed my body side to side.

"This is not dancing." He said while smiling.

"Okay well, show me what's dancing then." I said and as soon as the words left my mouth, Arden gripped both my hands in his and started swinging them in and out.

His hands then came grabbed my waist and turned me around. I spun on my heels. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me closer to him, our chest touching. My hands involuntarily snaked around his neck.

He dipped me on the right side and bought me back up, immediately dipping his and mine body to the left side.

Our faces came incredibly close, mere inches apart. I stared into his real green eyes. He didn't wear his contact lenses today.

His breath hit my face and I blushed hard. His proximity was doing things to me.

Suddenly my phone made a notification sound and the song stopped for a moment

"Fuck." I heard him say as the both of us broke our trance.

Yeah, fuck is correct.

~ Jasmine's Outfit ~

~ Arden's Real Eye Colour ~

QOTD: What's your favourite song to dance to?