34. Lame And Cheesy

Jasmine Knight

"You should go. I'll take care of everything here." My assistant said as she glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Are you sure? I still have time." I asked.

"Yeah, positive. Go!" She said and I chuckled.

"Okay fine. See you tomorrow." I said as I took my purse and walked out of my office.

It's been a week since Dad gave Arden and I's relationship his approval and blessing.

It's our first official date today and he's taking me somewhere special. It's a surprise for me. All he said is to dress up nice.

I wearing a créam coloured figure-hugging silk dress with cowl neck. It has a slit on my left thigh and I am wearing statement gold jewellery. I'm having minimal makeup on and a small purse.

I took the elevator downstairs and sat in the car. The driver drove us to Arden's office.

I reached his floor, and his new assistant, Richard, passed me a smile.

"I suppose he's waiting for me." I said and he nodded.

"He has been for the past 20 minutes. You may go in, Ma'am." Richard said.

"Thanks." I said and walked towards his door. I knocked twice and then walked in.

"Ah! What a surprise." Arden sarcastically said and got up from his chair.

"I know, right. I'm the best. You're welcome." I said and stood in front of him.

I wrapped my hand around the nape of his neck and tiptoed to kiss him. He ducked his head down a bit and returned my kiss. He kept both his hands on my waist and deepened the kiss. I willingly opened my mouth, giving him the permission and he plunged his tongue, exploring all parts of it.

"So, where are you taking me?" I asked as we pulled away.

He sat on his chair and I took the opportunity to sit in his lap. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I kept both my hands on his chest.

"We're going for lunch at Chopsticks, one of my favourite Chinese restaurants. You'll love their Chow Mein." Arden said as he kissed my neck.

"Hey, I was craving Chinese since morning." I said and he chuckled. His head was nuzzled in the hollow of my neck. His breath hitting my skin, made me giggle a bit.

"Nice." He said and placed another kiss on my neck before I stood up, followed by him.

.

.

.

"So, let's leave?" Arden asked as we were both done with our lunch.

"Yeah, let's go." I said and got up from my chair.

Arden kept a couple of hundred dollar bills on the table before extending his hand for me. I put my hand in his, took my purse and we walked out of the restaurant.

"We're not taking the car?" I asked since Arden started walking in the opposite direction of where the driver must be with the car.

"There's a small gathering organised by a business associate of mine at the Empire State Building. I hope you don't mind, we stop there for a bit." He explained and I nodded.

"Yeah sure. No problem." I said and we walked for another 5 minutes and entered the famous building on the left.

We took the elevator and reached the top floor. The elevator dinged and the doors opened. I was the first one to get out of it.

I stepped out and saw nothing. No party, no people, no nothing.

"Hey, Arden, where are the others?" I asked and turned around.

And there he was, on his one knee, with a box of ring in his hand.

"Jas, I know how you hate when people make big sappy speeches before they get to the point and honestly, it's a bit lame and cheesy in my head too." He said.

"Hey!" Darius said all of my family appeared from the other side.

Oh yeah, Darius made a long speech before proposing to Sara.

"Arden, continue." I said with a huge smile on my lips.

"Jasmine Knight, will you marry me?" Arden asked.

"Hmm..." I dramatically kept a finger on my lips and made a 'thinking' face.

"Jasmine, my knee hurts. Say yes for the love of God!" Arden said with clenched teeth and I chuckled.

"Yes, Arden Serrano, I'll marry you." I said and extended my left hand to him. He took out the ring from the box and slid it on my finger. The ring is a set of 3. One had a hexagonal diamond in the middle. The other two rings were Baguette Princess Bands from Tiffany.

"I love you." He said as he stood up and took me in his arms.

"I love you too." I said and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. He pulled me in for a hug and I gladly wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Congratulations, you guys!" Everyone congratulated us and raised their champagne glasses to us.

We're getting married!

~ Jasmine's Outfit ~

~ Jasmine's Ring ~

QOTD: Do you think long speeches are lame and cheesy?