16. Drama

Jasmine Knight

"Jasmine!" I heard Arden's beautiful voice disturb my sleep.

I kept a pillow on my ear and pulled the duvet over me, snuggling into the comfort of my bed.

"Ms. Jasmine Knight, get the fuck up." Arden again yelled as he continued knocking on the door of my room.

"Go away, bitch!" I yelled as I tired to keep my calm and not fucking kick his ass.

"GET UP!" He said and banged harshly on the door. I let out an exasperated groan and got out of my precious bed.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked as I swinged the door open.

There he was, dressed in a pair of joggers, a white dry-fit t-shirt and his sport shoes.

He was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed against his chest and an annoying smirk on his face.

"Hey, morning person." He said with a smile.

"Gosh you must have big pockets, 'cause the audacity." I sassed as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Good morning to you too, Trouble." He said as he invited himself in my room and started doing my bed.

"What on earth are you doing? Why are you making my bed?" I asked as I pointed at the bed.

"Firstly, if you instantly make your bed, you wouldn't want to get back in it readily." He said as he continued doing my bed.

"Your point being?" I said as I folded my hands against my chest.

"Let me finish. Secondly, brush your teeth and get changed." He said as he placed the pillows correctly.

"Why?!" I whined.

"Because... we're going to work out today." He said as if giving a kid his Christmas present.

"Get lost!" I said as I pushed on his chest and he fell on the bed.

"Okay babe, I love where this is going but we don't have time for that." He cockily said and got up on his feet.

"Shut up!" I whined again and cursing him under my breath, walked towards my wardrobe to get my workout clothes.

"Do you want a smoothie before the workout, child?" Arden asked from outside as I walked into my bathroom.

"You're acting like my caretaker." I remarked.

"I have to, since you are whining like a child." He said and I threw my discarded top at him.

It hit his face and he caught it afterwards.

"Meet you down in 10." I said as I started brushing my teeth.

"Okay."

.

.

.

"Thanks for the smoothie." I said as I washed my glass.

"No problem. Let's have a warm up before getting into the actual training." He said as we walked towards the gym room.

We started with a mild stretch and then did a 20 minutes worth of warm up.

Next, I ran for 8 miles on the treadmill, I used the cycle for 15 minutes and used the other equipments present there.

The gym room wasn't as big as it was back at my home in NYC but it was still large. We didn't need to train hardcore so the things present here were more than enough.

Truth be told, Arden was right. I have become lazy ever since I came here. I haven't worked out even once. It's been around 9 days since we shifted here in Lexington.

Arden and I have divided the work around the house. I do the laundry, the gardening, etc. Him, on the other hand, he's responsible for cooking, washing the dishes, etc.

He still continues his work on the laptop we bought along. His assistant, Jayden, sends him documents in secret and he reviews them and sends his tips on them. I don't work since my cousins take care of everything for me.

"Let's box." He said breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Let's!" I said as we both wore gloves and entered the small ring in the backyard.

"Winner, will do the cleaning tomorrow." I announced.

"Deal."

He blew a punch on my face which I ducked and I punched him back. This went on for two minutes after which I pushed him and his back hit the net of the ring.

"Trapped." I said as I trapped him.

He swiftly pushed himself off the net and I landed on the ground. He hovered over me with his hands on both sides of my head.

Our faces were so close that a little tilt from my neck and our lips would meet. Honestly, I was a bit tempted to but I can't kiss him.

I just can't. We're not seeing each other, we are not together. He's not mine to kiss.

Breaking my thoughts suddenly, he flipped me over and held both my hands behind my back.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, guess who's doing the cleaning tomorrow." He said as he counted to three and I officially lost that game.

He got up and so did I.

"I want to thank my family, my friends and my supporters. This really would have been impossible without you all. I'm so beyond grateful to stand here, and receive this honour. No words can describe-"

"Shut the fuck up, Nicole Kidman." I said and I slapped his chest.

"Jealous ass." He said as he continued his drama.

~ The Gym Room ~

~ Jasmine's Outfit ~

QOTD: Do you go to the gym? If yes, what's your favourite equipment to use?