Piece by piece

"Is this necessary?" Jasper asks.
"Right now, yes. I can't get a hold of Malia's decision." She looks at Jasper lovingly. "We can do this."

They were interrupted by a man. Jasper stiffly greets him, while Alice tries to be sure of herself in this situation. A woman was also present, she kept glaring at Jasper if he ever have those tendecies to even think about it.

"Staying here won't make him alive again." Uma heard Trey clearly but refused to look at him.
"Maybe if we went with him he'd still be." She finally turns only for her eyes to pierce through him. "You were his bestfriend. You could've helped him."
"He made a choice."
"And you had a choice too. Yet you chose to let him leave."
"You know what could've happened if he stayed with us."
"The lack of teamwork in this tribe is destroying us."
"He did his part, Uma. He's a hero, a legend, in everyone's eyes."
"He didn't have to die to be a hero."

"I came at the wrong time?" Jared slowly backs up but Uma leaves instead.

"She's still processing all of this. Whatever that vampire told her." Trey said not making anything out of it. But Jared's eyes sparks.
"Vampire? Can you be more specific?"
"I think she's from here. Short hair, weird, and with an equally weird guy who seem to be in pain all the time."
"Yup that's them." Jared was curious of what they'd want with Uma. Another grand plan.

He didn't have to die to be a hero

Those words left Jared blank. It's true. He didn't have to. But he wanted to. He couldn't live another second having Malia hate on him, and he couldn't tell her of what really happened that day. The more he stayed alive, the more Malia would know thru their link. Jared played a part, making him a bit guilty. He didn't have to know everything but Vinn planted this idea on him. He cares too much for Malia now that he'd do everything to keep her alive or atleast beside him long enough

"She's not gonna stay here forever. You know that." Leah said but surprisingly in a heartfelt way. "The moment this is all over...she'll be gone." She must've grown to like Malia in a way.

"Still. I promised Vinn-"
"Whatever you promised him is gonna be the death of all of us. Now I know how this is all for love and stuff, but you seriously gotta pull yourself together." Leah snaps him out of it.
"How do you know so much about this?" Jared asks.

"Did you honestly think he'd only tell you about it?" Leah raise a brow at him.

"Of course. Of course he wouldn't trust me alone." Jared was a bit offended but atleast he can talk to someone about it now.

"They're kinda suicidal, don't you think?"

All they know is to survive selfishly. That's why Malia had always been the odd one out. Vinn wasn't gonna end up sacrificing himself, not for Malia's cause to protect something that is not of their kind, but he did it anyway out of guilt.

Remember Alessia? Malia went out of her way to protect a fragile human being. But she wasn't always fragile, she got into Volturi's radar, somewhat a threat. Aro didn't want to waste such talent, but he also didn't want to risk losing his guards. Then came Victoria with James and Laurent, to retrieve her former coven mate Heidi. They had to wait for their turn as a vampire pleads for his case of falling inlove with a human he has no intention of turning into their kind. It was an offense. Aro takes his hands and saw Alessia's value. Victoria grabs that opportunity, a bargain, Alessia in exchange for Heidi. Aro's smile remained, he was calculating the odds of losing Heidi and gaining Alessia, but why not have them both? He agrees to Victoria's offer but he wasn't gonna keep that deal, although Victoria is hopeful and promises Heidi she will be back. Things don't go as planned upon learning that Alessia is protected by werewolves, real werewolves. Imagine the horror on Aro's face, the very thing he fears, the very thing that can kill him or atleast as to what Alice had shown him before.

The vampire whom Alessia had an intimate relationship with never returned, accusing Malia for this, nd she had to endure it all but Alessia had to stay with them. The elders of their tribe had seen her as somewhat of a puzzle piece in a war where the next generation will take part, where Vinn and Malia will take lead for their kind. They ask Vinn to be patient with her, to follow her wherever she goes, to guide her, but he had to save his family too. He wasn't able to stand up with Malia the day they were ambushed by vampires, and he tried to atleast keep Alessia with them, but Alessia also makes her decision. Having in mind that Malia had killed her vampire friend and abandoned her, she went with the Volturi guards without hesitation, all while Malia took out the dangerous ones away from her people.

Alessia was turned, and she was untouchable, Aro couldn't even use her ability, but having her stand with them gave the coven a boost, she could have someone give respect or even fear for the coven, of all the human visitors killed by the Volturi, she keeps their valuable memories as a way to make herself still feel humane until she isn't anymore.

Aro takes matters to his hands. He is giddily happy to pay the Cullens a visit, knowing other covens will be present as well, it will be less of a hassle to take the gifted ones. Irina, not so much, she may have slightly regretted ever coming there. But she couldn't leave. She finds herself in a tight spot and with Jane's eyes on her.

Choices becomes limited now. Soon, it'll only be who survives, and who dies.