Killers are Killers

Because you felt like you could save her. You placed everyone in danger, and look at where it has gotten you. All alone.

Malia wakes up with the a dimmed light coming from the window. It's already morning, and it seemed like a bit later. She head out for breakfast, Billy and Jacob sat there quietly like someone had just died.

Vinn was out early, as much as he was anxious to face the newborns, his mind is in chaos, he is trying to concentrate as needed for later, he needs to get his mind on the right track, remember the plan, this is the last thing that will assure that Malia goes home. Protect the human, kill Victoria, go home.

It took him days before he decided to go after Malia with the intent of bringing her home. But after observing her from afar with these people, maybe he should've just left and told the tribe that she didn't make it, that he was too late. He was going to do that. But that day on his way back, he sensed her, Victoria, she was after a human, that he had known for awhile, Bella, the human Malia has been protecting. He wanted to let it be, for Victoria to get this over with, but then Malia would blame herself for this one too. So he took Victoria.

"She won't face you." Edward recall his last mind read on Victoria. "Not with all of us around."
"I know." She said.

"She's not going anywhere alone." Vinn emerges but Edward expected that already, his mind is loud. "Not anymore."

"Last time I checked you left me alone." Malia turns to him, and his face changes. He didn't need reminding.

Edward has this worried look on the two werewolves. It was hard to be around both when their emotions are pent up. It was all about blaming, guilt, and fear entangled on two unstabled minds. Edward walks out of frustration with Bella chasing him.

"Hey. Are you alright?"
"I'm..I'm fine."
"What are you thinking?"
"I should be the one asking that.. It's just Malia wouldn't forgive herself if anything happens today."

Everyone stood on the field waiting. The stench of newborns fill the air even though they were still out of sight.

"You can stay, if that's what you want. You already broke our bond might as well make it official." Vinn try to make it as light as possible.

But Malia was still looking at him. For a moment he seemed different. He smiled like he used to when they were kids. Like he doesn't carry the weight of the world on his back anymore.

"You can't take that back." Malia said.
"What's the point of returning with you if I can't have my bestfriend back." Vinn glance at Jared who was focused on Sam's orders. "Just tell me if the guy ever hurts you." Malia gives a low chuckle, this is how she wanted Vinn to be, her bestfriend. Then the newborns emerge out of the trees. They're a bit outnumbered and it shows in their face.

"Don't die." She said loud enough just for Vinn to hear it. He gives a slight nod. "Likewise."