Invitation

It has been a year since Malia left the Quileute and though the others went on with their normal lives, there are a few who still wished she had stayed. But Jacob kept communication with her and updated her from time to time. It became their secret that Jacob was careful as to not cross paths with Edward, but he had his ways.

"It's just weird not seeing her around. I mean, besides you and Jacob, she's one of my closest." Bella takes a glance at Edward for reassurance. "Do you think she made it?"
"She have to." Edward said making her think what it meant. It was like a matter of life and death. She then return to picking out the perfect wedding invitation.

"Now, you'll have to pick the best and fastest one."

"Look lady, I don't like following anyone around." A kid said straight to Malia. Even Addie raised her brow for his spunk. He continued "Weren't you the girl who got chased by vampires?"
"Yes that was me." A bit taken aback, Eli held his laughter at her, she takes a step forward to the kid.
"And the reason I'm here now is because I met a pack, they took me in and we worked together." She snaps making the kid know his place.

Days have passed in training and the younger ones seem to catch on.

"I'm not saying one should be more valuable than the other. But you'll have to learn to work as a unit. We may have been taught to think of ourselves first and that's not bad, but thinking of your friends should be an immediate."

Trey heads out but his eyes looked at Malia with concern. He tells her to come along leaving the training under the supervision of Addie. "Now listen up punks." She snarled making the trainees straighten up.

Meanwhile, Trey hands her a phone. "No ones talking on the other line. He haven't hung up yet."
Malia place the phone on her ear, "Jake? Hey, I'm sorry, I've been busy." She patiently wait for the other line but still no words though she knows someone on the phone. Malia just loses it and close to dropping the call someone finally talks.
"Wait. I'm sorry about that. I just wasn't sure who answered the call." By the sounds of it, it's paul talking he seemed tense at first, but takes a deep breathe. "So. How have you been?"
"I'm- alright I guess. Why do you have Jacob's phone?"
"He dropped it. He ran off. It's Bella."
"Wait what? Is she-"
"She's alive. Relax. But Jake received an invitation to her wedding."

Malia stood startling Trey but she loosen up a bit knowing everything is out of her hands now. She calms herself down, not wanting to give Trey that idea that she is still this vulnerable and stubborn werewolf who bounds herself to a weak human like it's her responsibility.

"You guys should talk to him. Take him out. Do something so that he can imprint maybe?"
"And what about Bella?"
"What about her?"
"She's staying at the Cullens. You can talk her out of it. She'll listen to you."
"Look. It's her decision. She knows what she's getting herself into...." she looks at Trey for approval that her loyalty is with them. But Paul knew she has more than just a human for a reason to return.
"Alright then. It's on August 13." He drops the call. Finally focusing on Trey who's waiting for news.

"Is your friend alright?"
"His childhood crush is getting married to a vampire. He ran off. Threw tantrums. But I think he'll be okay." She tries to lighten it up but there is no denying that she is worried for him too.
"Malia, I may have been harsh on you before about this tribe but they did help you when no one else could so if you want to go and be there for Jacob..."
"It'll only be a couple of days." She assures him as they head out looking at Addie taking the lead to train with improvements.
"I guess we can manage."

Malia packs her stuff once again and Uma helps her with that. "Are you nervous?"
"Of what?"
"Seeing him again? It's not Jacob right? Cause you seem to worry for him like he's some kid. Embry maybe? Quil? Or that guy Paul?"
"I'm not going there to see him."
"Right. Is it Jared though?" She grows more curious "but odds are you'll bump into each other."
"He might've already imprinted." She gives her a look. Uma hand her flowers with a pursed smile.
"Well if he does maybe you can put these and ask Vinn to haunt him.."
"Of course. I will..put the flowers." They hug each other. And although it might've been a year ago or so, Vinn's friends will never let it go. They will get their revenge somehow, and for the loved ones they've lost.