Coming home

"I couldn't even bring his body to his family."
"It's not your fault."

Jacob gives Malia a tight hug. Letting go, he hands her a piece of paper.

"He told me to give it to you if he dies."

Taking the time to read the letter Vinn had given her, she knew in an instant he didn't write it.

"I thought it's him confessing his love for me still." She gives a heartfelt chuckle.
"Wait. Don't tell me what it says." Jacob warned. "He said it'd be best if I don't know about it and well, you can't let the Cullens know about it too. Especially Edward." He rolled his eyes at the mention of his name.
"Alright. I'll read it on my way." She tucks it in her pocket, and takes out a small bag. It seems she was prepared to leave.
"Already? Aren't you atleast going to say goodbye to the others?"
"I don't think I can ever leave this place if I see you all together." She lower her head and keeps her tears in.
"Then stay." Jared enters the room with Billy behind him.
"I tried to stop him from going in." Billy shruggs and leave the teenagers to it.

"I have to let them know what happened here. What happened to Vinn."
"I can go with you."
"You can't leave your pack. They need you. I need you here." She place her hand on his face and kiss his cheek.
"We'll visit Vinn everyday, don't worry bout it." Jacob assures her.

Jared couldn't do anything if she wants to leave and wants him to stay. All he could do is watch her take her bag as she bid Billy goodbye.

"You might've been a pain in the ass. But we'll miss you. Take care of yourself." Billy hugs her.

They all watch her go out the door. Billy shed a tear, as if seeing another daughter leave him once again.

"She'll be back right?" Jared asks Jacob.
"Just stop. They need her back home. That's the least that we can do for Vinn." Jacob pats Jared for consolation not wanting to hear anymore.

The morning was just like any other day. Sam's pack did their rounds as usual with Jared falling behind. If he just kept his emotions to himself then the others wouldn't be as annoyed but they weren't really annoyed, just as sad as him. Good thing there weren't any threats around except for the Cullens otherwise the pack would be a mess.

Meanwhile, Malia had read the letter. It's a map but not indicating an exact locatoon. She took a bus and hiked, she was careful not to shift but as the sun falls and the stillness of the night came over she felt something following her. Not just one.

It took her a week to figure out everything followed by shadows. Until she was close enough to see a torch, something attacks her. Of course the people nearby had sensed the threat and quickly took position to protect the children and elders. It was dark but they heard a snarl that ended with a snap of the bone. Slowly walking out the darkness and stepping in where the light reaches the ground, they see Malia and she drops three heads in front of the one who seem to be incharge.

"Burn the bodies." she said. And some people did just that. A girl rushed forward her eyes searching.
"Where's Vinn?" She saw Malia shake her head discreetly.
"Come with me." The guy said.

---------------
Introducing new characters

---------------Introducing new characters