Chapter Seven

PORTIONS OF THIS CHAPTER HAVE BEEN REWRITTEN AND UPDATED (16/08/2022)

Owen Hunt's POV

I'm sat in the cafeteria and my phone vibrates in my pocket. I look at the message and realise it's from Carina.

Carina: I need your help
Owen: What do you mean
Carina: You have a foster care license sì
Owen: Yeah I do. Why do you ask.
Carina: I'll explain later. Right now I need you to get Arizona and you two meet me in the parking lot of the hospital.
Owen: Why the parking lot.
Carina: Don't ask questions. Just, per favore Owen.
Owen: Ok. How long till your here
Carina: 5 minutes.

I go and get Arizona who was also having her lunch and show her the messages I got from Carina. We both make sure we don't get paged so I put April in charge of trauma and Alex is out in charge of Peds and we head to the parking lot.

Amelia's POV

"Maya, I'm scared" I say to Maya who is sat next to me in the car

"I know sweetheart but this is what's best for you. We need you to be big and strong ok"

"Ok" I say quietly.

We pull up to the hospital and I begin to cry again. I very quickly find in hard to breathe again. Maya takes a hold of my hand and puts it against her chest.

"Calm down Amelia. Can you feel that"

I nod my head

"Good, now breathe with me"

"I can't Maya"

"Yes you can, come on" She exaggerates her breathing so that I can copy her. I find it easier to breathe as I slow down. I go in and hug Maya.

Maya's POV

I look to Carina who is sat in the drivers seat as I have Amelia hugging me.

"Carina, this better work" I say quietly as I see Arizona and Owen approach our car.

"Me too bella, me too"

Arizona Robbins' POV

I walk over with Owen to Carina's car. Carina gets out the car and begins to explain the situation. My heart breaks as she talks about the tiny human.

"Can we- can we see her" I say to Carina.

"Sì" She walks back to the car and opens one of the back doors of the car.

I get closer to the car and crouch down so I'm at her level.

"Hey Amelia, I'm Dr Robbins, and this is Dr Hunt"

She doesn't look at me and instead pushes her face into Maya. I look around and try and find something I can talk about that might make her look at me.

"That is a really pretty bear you have there Amelia, does it have a name"

She slowly turns her head around and looks up at Maya as if she is seeking her approval to speak to me. Maya signals it's ok and she nods her head.

"Ellie" She says quietly

"That is a very pretty name" I say smiling at her. I pull out a Jell-O pot that I took from the nurses station before coming out. "Amelia, do you like Jell-O?" I ask her

She nods her head slowly "A little"

"Would you like some?" I show her the tub. "It's lime flavoured"

"I don't like limes. I like berry flavours" She says, her eyes lighting up a little.