Chapter Thirty Three

Same day as Chapter Thirty Two

Amelia's POV

When I get to my classroom, all the rest of the class must be in lunch, because the room is empty. The only people in the room is Mrs Drew and Ms Scorsone. They both look up at me as I walk into the room.

"Welcome back Amelia" Mrs Drew says to me with a big smile on her face. "We are so glad that you are back"

I pull on my fingers a little because I still haven't decided if I want to be back. I miss my friend, but I also really liked all the time I spent with Momma and Mamma.

"It's okay if your not sure about all of this. You have been through a lot recently so all this will seem like a lot, but we are here to get you settled in again. For the first few days, Ms Scorsone is going to be working with you 1-2-1 in a different room to get you back into the swing of things, then for a little each day, you will join the rest of the class when we do group reading. Is that okay Amelia" Mrs Drew explains. It makes me a little relieved that I wasn't going to be made to work with the rest of the class straight away because I don't want to make myself too tired.

"Yeah, that's okay" I say quietly. We hear the bell ring and the rest of the class flood in making me a little overwhelmed. I haven't spend this much time with the rest of my class because my accident happened really close to the start of the school year so I was still really unsure of how I felt about a lot of the people in my class. Ms Scorsone must have saw how uncomfortable I was because she came over to me and took my and in hers.

"It's okay Amelia. Would you like me to take you to the other room"

I silently nod my head and she takes me to the other room.

"Is this better Amelia" She asks.

I nod my head again. "What are we going to do in this room" I ask as I put my things down on the ground.

"As you have missed a lot of work, we are going to work on getting you at a stage where you are close to the rest of the class." I start to panic a little because I know how much school I have missed so the class must have done a lot of work. "You don't need to worry about it Amelia. I have come up with a little plan" She pulls out a file from her bag and opens it up. "This plan will make sure that you will be caught up to the rest of the class. Amelia, you are a very smart girl so I have no doubts that you will not get get caught up. We are going to cover the same amount of content in less time and because this is just you and me, I can help you every step of the way without other students wanting help also."

"Okay"

She pulls out a white file from her bag that is completely empty. "This is where all the work you have done will go. Our first task is for you to decorate this file to make it special to you. You can use anything you want on this file. If you like, we can print off photos and use them to decorate it too."

I instantly know what I want to put on my file. "I want it to be covered in fireman Sam, Moana and Mulan. They are my favourite"

"I think we can do that"

---

*THE END OF THE  SCHOOL DAY*

I spent all day with Ms Scorsone and we had lots of fun together. We did some reading work and also some maths using the play doh to help us do some dividing and multiplying. Ms Scorsone said that I was really good at that and that made me really happy. I had joined the rest of the class just before hometime as today was show and tell day. Ms Scorsone said I should tell people about why I wasn't in school, but I didn't want to. Not yet at least.

"Okay class, so before we go home to all our mommies, daddies, parents and carers, let's play a quick game. As it is November now, thanksgiving is just around the corner so everyday, we are going to give thanks for something. So once you say what you are thankful for, you can go and line up at the door."