Chapter Ten

"It felt only right that Amelia was to be placed in the care of Maya Bishop and Doctor Carina Deluca" Camilla says with a massive smile one her face.

Maya's POV

I look over at Carina and Amelia and I start sobbing.

"We get to take Amelia home" I say through all the tears.

"You get to take Amelia home" Camilla says to me.

I get up from being sat with Amelia and walk over to Camilla. "Can I hug you" I ask her. She nods her head and I give her a massive hug. "Thank you so much" I stop hugging her as Amelia gets up and out of her bed and walks over to Camilla and hugs her.

"It's no problem, Amelia really likes you two and I didn't want to take her away from you. In her words..." She looks at Amelia, "You two make her feel safe"

Camilla handed me a file filled with information about what is next for Amelia and it also contained information about schools and activities in the area.

"That's all I have to do for now. If you need me, my number is in that file. Now enjoy your time with little Amelia" Camilla says before walking out of the room.

"When do we get to take her home Arizona" Carina asks Arizona whist I just hug Amelia.

"I have her discharge papers here with me now. Once they are signed, You can take her home." She says to Carina.

"Well, lets sign them then" Carina says as Arizona hands her a pen to sign Amelia's discharge papers.

Carina's POV

I sign Amelia's discharge papers and Arizona tells us we can leave as soon as we like. She removes the IV from Amelia's hand then walks out her room for the last time. I climb onto the bed with Maya and we snuggle into Amelia and tickle her. She laughs as we tickle her and it is the most adorable sound I've ever heard. We stop tickling her and Maya gets her dressed into some clothes she found in Amelia's bag whilst I check to make sure her wound are healing well.

"Who wants to go shopping once we get out of here" Maya says to Amelia as she finishes getting her dressed

"What would we get" Amelia says in response to Maya.

"Anything you like, bambina" I say to her as I walk around behind Maya and hug her. "We are taking our girl home" I whisper into Maya's ear before kissing her cheek.

"Ew Carina" Amelia says whilst giggling.

Me and Maya just smile at each other quickly before I let go of Maya and go pick Amelia up. "Come on bella, let's get you out of here. Don't forget Ellie"

She nods her head. "Down please" She says to me so I put her back down onto the floor. She gets hold of one of Maya's hands whist I take the other and we walk out of the room.

"Amelia baby, do you want to go and say goodbye to Dr Robbins and Dr Hunt" Maya says to her.

"Yes please" She says back to Maya so I take them to find them.

Just as we are about to come off of the Paediatrics floor we pass Arizona at the nurses station and Amelia goes up and gives Arizona a hug. 

"Thank you Dr Robbins" Amelia says to Arizona.

"No problem sweetie. Now you go get home with Maya and Carina." Arizona says to Amelia as she runs a hand through her hair.

"Okay" Amelia says as she lets go of Arizona.

Maya walks over to Arizona and hugs her also "Thank you for your help" She says as she stops hugging her.

"It's no problem Maya" Arizona says to her.