Chapter Eighteen

Maya's POV

Carina and I were on much better terms than this morning. We forgave each other and decided to move past it. The day care hadn't said anything all day about Amelia so hopefully, that means she had a good day. 

5pm rolls around and Carina locks her office door and we head down to pick up Amelia. We pass Teddy who has Leo and Alison with her, but no Owen. He was probably still on shift. We exchange a friendly smile before carry on heading down to day care. We get to the day care and Amelia instantly runs straight to me but doesn't look at Carina.

"I missed you mama" She says wrapping her arms around my legs. I pick her up and place her on my hip whilst Carina talks to the staff and gets Amelia's bag and coat.

"I missed you too princess" I say to Amelia.

"Is mama Carina still angry at me" She asks innocently.

"No Amelia, she isn't but still no TV when we get home today. You can watch it tomorrow."

"Okay" She says as she rests her head on my shoulder. "Mama, I'm tired" Just then Carina comes back with Amelia's things.

"I know, It's been a long day" I take Carina's hand in my spare hand "Let's go home"

*AT THE APARTMENT*

"She needs to be woken up bella" Carina tells me once we pull up outside our apartment block. "If you don't wake her, she won't sleep tonight"

"I know, I know" I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out the car. I open up Amelia's door and unbuckle the straps on her car seat. "I'm sorry Amelia" I say as she wakes up. I pick her up and sit her on my hip. Her stomach rumbles making all three of us laugh.

"Are you hungry Bambina" Carina asks the sleepy six year old.

"Yes mama Carina" She says.

"Do you want to help me make dinner Amelia" She asks her knowing Amelia loves cooking with her.

Her eyes light up. "Yes please. Can I walk to the ap... ap.." I can see the frustration in her face because she cant get the word out.

"Apartment, and yes you can Amelia" I put her down on the floor. "Hold Carina's hand please" Amelia listens while I grab her things from the car. I lock it up and we head in and up to our apartment.

"Amelia go play in your room for a little while, I need a shower before we start with dinner" Carina says to the little girl once we get inside the apartment as she isn't allowed TV time today. 

"Okay Mama Carina" She says before skipping off to her room. "I'M HOME ELLIE" she shouts when she gets into her room which makes Carina and I giggle.

I head into the bathroom with Carina. "So, mama Carina." I say raising an eyebrow.

"She is definitely aware she's doing it now" Carina says as she switches on the shower to heat it up. "You joining me or..."

"Not today, I'm just talking" I tell the Italian.

"Suit yourself" She takes off her clothes, turning her body away from me, and climbs into the shower.

"So do we bring up what we want her to call us or do we let her choose and decide" I ask Carina, curious as to what she has to say.

"I always thought if I ever became a mother, I would be called 'mamma' because its Italian, but you I don't know. What do you think." She asks as she starts washing her hair.

"Well, I know she will probably never call me 'mommy' for..."

"Obvious reasons"

"Yeah, but I don't know, I mean I feel like her Mom, and I'm guessing she see's me as her mom." I sign

"Then why don't you go by 'momma' You know, like a mix between 'mommy' and 'mamma'." Carina suggests.

Just then Amelia bursts in the room. "Sorry, I needed the toilet"

"It's Okay Amelia" I say to her. "Actually, can we talk to you. You aren't in trouble down worry, we just want to talk okay"

"Okay mama" She says. "Now I really need the toilet."

I realise she cant do because I'm sat on the closed toilet. "Oops" I stand up and move out her way. "Sorry Amelia"

"It's okay"

*20 MINUTES LATER*

All three of us are in the kitchen getting ready to make dinner. We settled on lasagne and Garlic bread because Amelia liked Carina's lasagne.

Carina gets out all the ingredients and gives us out instructions. Carina was making the pasta and bread dough, I was cooking the meat and adding the sauce, And Amelia was to mix the butter and Garlic together that Carina had measured out for her for the garlic bread.

About half way through prepping dinner, Carina initiates the conversation.

"Bambina, we have something to ask you" 

Amelia looks up at Carina, a little nervous but agrees to talk.

"Do you know that you are calling Maya and I 'mama'" She asks her.

"Yes" Amelia responds proudly, "Because you both feel like my mama's. You are both really nice to me and love me and you don't ever make me feel scared. Do you not want me to call you that" 

"No Amelia we love it" I tell her, "But Carina and I were talking about other names. So you would call us a maternal name, but we know who you are talking to."

"Like what" She asks.

"Well Carina is Italian, so a mom in her language is mamma" I say to her.

"What about you" She asks me.

"Momma" Carina says. "Its like Mamma, but not quite the same."

"Now you don't have to, you can call us both mama and we won't mind, We just thought about it a little" I reassure her, making sure she knows that we aren't forcing her to call us anything.

"Okay, so Maya is 'momma' and Carina is 'mamma" she repeats back to us giggling. "I like it" She giggles some more.

"Me too Bambina" Carina says.

"And me" I say.

-------

short filler chapter but very wholesome.

Mamma Carina and Momma Maya.

I wanted an entire chapter dedicated to this so I hope you like it as much as I did writing it.

Katie xx