Chapter Twenty Eight

"One of her pupils have blown"

Arizona's POV

"WHAT" I shout out, holding back the tears threatening to fall. I hold onto Amelia's hand tightly and take a deep breath. Amelia Shepherd (the best shepherd) runs in.

"I was paged" She says as she walks over to Amelia. "What's wrong"

"She's remained unconscious since she was involved in an MCV and now has a blown pupil." I tell her, a very worried look starting to appear on her face.

She quickly checks her her pupils the unlocks the wheels to her gurney. "GET HER DOWN TO THE OR, NOW"

---

On our way down to the OR, We pass Andrew, who upon seeing who was on the gurney froze.

"I'll meet you in the OR" I shouted to Amelia Shepherd and Owen as they continued to run Little Amelia down to the OR.

I don't say anything to Andrew, I just wrap my arms around him as he begins to break down.

"What... What... what happened to her" He cries out, not looking up at anything.

"Her and Maya were involved in an accident. Amelia hasn't woken up since the accident and when we checked her pupils in the ER, one had blown." I tell him. His head shooting up from on top of my shoulder.

"Is Maya okay?" He asks, tears still flowing from his eyes, his face red and blotchy. "Arizona, tell me. Is Maya okay"

"She's being looked at in the ER now but her injuries are no where near as extreme as Amelia's. Maya is awake and responsive."

"Dose...does...does Carina know" I shake my head. "I need to go tell her" he adds on. I nod my head. 

"You don't have to do it Andrew. We can always send one of the residents up to tell her"

"No, if her world is about to come crashing down because the love of her life and the child she sees as her daughter have been in an accident, I don't want a random intern or resident to tell her. I would rather I tell her" He says adamantly. 

"If you want to go and tell her," I take a deep breath. "I guess I can't stop you"

"Please make sure that Amelia comes out of this okay" He gives me one last hug.

"She has the best people working on her right now" I reassure him. "I'll come and see Carina once Amelia is out of surgery to update her and make sure she is okay."

"Okay" He turns and walks away and I run down to the OR to scrub in on Amelia's surgery.

Carina's POV (Any dialogue between Andrew and Carina is in Italian, but as I'm not that great at it, just pretend aha)

I'm sat at my desk doing some paperwork that I need to catch up on when there is a knock on my office door.

"Come in" I shout to whoever is on the other side of the door. "Andrea" He takes a very visible deep breath. "Andrea, what's wrong. What's happened"

"Can I. Can I come in" He says, holding back emotions.

"Yeah, sit down" He walks in and we sit down on the couch together. "Now what has happened." I ask again as he still didn't give me an answer.

"Maya and Amelia" He says, tears beginning to appear on his face.

"What do you mean Maya and Amelia." I feel the tears building up and the fire inside of my getting bigger and bigger. "What happened to Maya and Amelia, Andrea. Tell me" I raise my voice.

"They were in an accident" My heart shatters into a million pieces once I hear that my little family have been in an accident. "I don't know the detain on how or what happened, but I do know that Maya is in the ER and is awake and responsive and Amelia" He pauses to take a deep breath.

"Amelia, Amelia what." I yell, unable to control how my words are coming out.

"She's being rushed down to OR. She hasn't woken up since the accident and when they checked her pupils in the ER, one had blown so she must have sustained a really bad head injury"

"Oh god. Oh I have to go see them. I need to... I need to see Maya. I... I...I" I start taking really shallow breaths. "I need to... I need to see Amelia"

"Carina" Andrea says. "Carina" He says a little louder. "Carina, look at me" He yells. I give him direct eye contact and he takes a hold of my face. "You need to calm down. I'll take you to see Maya but you need to calm down before I take you. Arizona said she would come and update you on Amelia once she was out of surgery, but there is no guessing how long she will be in there for"

I try and take a deep breath. "Okay" I say quietly. "Okay Andrea" We stay sat in my office for a while until I am calm enough to function like a normal human. Well as normal as you can be once you have been told that the woman you love and your child have been involved in an accident which has left one basically fighting for their life. 

"Ready to go and see Maya" He asks calmly. I nod my head in response as we both stand up and make our way down to the ER

Arizona's POV

"Come on Amelia. Pull through" I say to her as Owen charges the paddles again.

"CLEAR" He yells before shocking her tiny body again. 

nothing.

everyone stops

everyone starts to cry

"Go again" I say.

no response

"GO AGAIN" I yell at everyone.

"It's been 20 minutes. We have to stop" Amelia Shepherd says. "It's inhumane"

"No. No. NO. We can't give up" I resume CPR on her. "Just one more round please. One more that's all. I'll stop after we try to save her one more time." I let out a deep breath. "She just got happy Her life just got good. She... She has the perfect family now. Please. Please just one last round." I say, trying to to yell.

I watch as Owen nods his head slowly. "One more. That's it. We will try one last time to bring he back"

"Thank you" I sigh.

"Okay, push one more round of drugs and charge the paddles to 300" He calls out.

One of the nurses pushes each of the drugs and the sound of the defibrillator charging up can be heard in the totally silent room.

"CLEAR" Owen yells one last time.

everyone holds their breath

no body speaks

no body moves

Amelia's body jolts up again.

everyone's eyes look at the monitor

"come on Amelia. come back to us" I whisper quietly.

*beep...beep...beep*

everyone lets out the breaths they were holding

everyone starts to smile

"If she makes it through the next 24 hours, she has a very long road ahead of her" Owen announces. "Lets get her closed and up to the PICU for constant observation"

-------

hehehe

I decided to let Andrew be alive as he was one of my favourites.

also short chapters work so much better for me right now so don't be surprised if they are all a little short for now.

-------

ALSO GREYS NEWS

ADDISON MONTGOMERY IS COMING BACK

WHAT

THIS WAS AMAZING NEWS TO WAKE UP TO

JUST UNDER THREE WEEKS TILL GREYS AND STATION 19 PREMIRE DAY MY DUDES...