Chapter Eleven

"I smell like mama"

Maya's POV

Did she just call me mama, I think to myself. All I want to do us run over to Amelia and give her a massive hug but what if my brain is just telling me things that it wants to hear. I mean, there is no way she would call me mama, we have only known each other for just over 24 hours and yes, we have a really close bond and I make feel safe but she's Amelia and I'm Maya. I haven't ever considered being called mama or mom, not yet anyway. Amelia is new. My next adventure in life. I never gave the idea of being called a parental title a thought. I push it to the back of my mind and finish cleaning up.

Carina's POV

"That's it, you smell like Maya" I say to Amelia, not wanting to draw attention to what she actually said. I look at her plate and notice its almost empty. "Come on bella, finish those last little bits so you can give Maya your plate. She nods her head and puts the last pieces of pasta in her mouth.

"Carina, can you help me down please" Amelia asks as she swallows her food.

"Si bambina, I can" I get put of my chair and walk around to Amelia. I pull out her chair and hand her the plate but I carry the cutlery just to be safe.

I follow Amelia into the kitchen.

"Maya, I finished" She says to Maya as she shows her the plate.

"Well done Mia, I am so proud of you baby" Maya says as dries her hands then kneels down and hugs Amelia. "I love you Amelia" Maya whispers  

"I love you too" Amelia whispers back.

"What about me Bambina" I say to Maya.

"You know I love you" She says to me as she stands up because Amelia ran away into our bedroom to play with her bear.

"Prove it" I say as I inch closer to Maya, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"There is a tiny child now living in this house Carina. We are not going to traumatize that child because none of us can be quiet" Maya says quietly whilst I litter her face and neck in kisses.

"Bella" I turn Maya around, "I can be quiet if I have to. Its you who can't" I move my hands down from her waist and place them on her behind as I kiss her soft lips passionately.

"Ew, again" Amelia says from the doorways of the kitchen.

I take my lips instantly away from Mayas and remove my hands from her. "Sorry Bambina" I giggle.

"See" Maya says quietly. "Tiny child" Maya turns back to the sink and washes up Amelia's lunch mess.

"Okay fine, You owe me" I whisper in her ear as Amelia walks in the kitchen. "What do you want Amelia" I say to the 6 year old.

"I want a drink please" She asks politely.

"What drink would you like" Maya asks.

"Water please"

I walk over to the fridge and hand Amelia a bottle of water.

"Thank you Carina" she walks back into mine and Maya's room and plays with her bear.

I turn around so I am standing face to face with Maya and place another kiss on her lips. "Did you hear Amelia"

"What do you mean" She asks

"When you left the table, she..." I don't finish want I was going to say as tears form in Maya's eyes.

"She called me mama" Maya says sniffling. "But called me Maya afterwards"