Chapter Fifteen

before the chapter begins, I have decided not to focus on the dinner with Arizona as I really want this story to move on a little.

Two Weeks Later

Maya's POV

Amelia has settled in really well so far, she loves going to the station and is a lot more vocal with the rest of the team. Her bedroom is all built and decorated and looks amazing. She has been sleeping really well in her own room, but the transition to her own room was a little tricky. She freaked out for the first few nights but since then, we have had no problems. Her room is covered in unicorns and rainbows and in the corner of her room she has her little firefighter section. She has her own mini turn-outs and fire hat that she likes to wear to the station sometimes. She also kept asking for the fire station from 'Fireman Sam' so Dean bought it for her and she loves it. Hearing her play her games with her firefighters and her unicorn toys is adorable. She loves spending time with Arizona and has even met Owen and Teddy's children and she was a little unsure at first but I think she enjoyed spending time with kids around her age. She hasn't called either myself or Carina a parental name since the last time she did, but we also knew that she probably didn't even know that she was doing because when she called me mama, it was because she was really excited or panicky.

Today, we are getting the house looked at by Amelia's social worker, Camilla Luddington, so that we can hopefully say that we are officially Amelia's foster carers. Because of this, both Carina and I took the next few days off work. If Camilla thinks that we have a suitable home for Amelia to live, Camilla said that she was going to help us get her enrolled in a school in the area ready for August as its currently the summer break.

Carina and I have been cleaning the house top to bottom and Amelia was in charge of making sure her room was clean and tidy which we knew wouldn't take her very long as Amelia did like  to keep her room pretty clean. Camilla wasn't going to come over until 3 and when we finished cleaning it was only 1 so we had a while until she was going to arrive so Carina and I decide to look through some of the school leaflets that Camilla put into Amelia's file she gave us at the hospital and we put on 'Fireman Sam' for Amelia to watch.

Even though there was two hours to wait, it felt like a lifetime waiting for the social worker to knock on the door. I was so nervous for Camilla to look around the house because I kept thinking, what if she thought the house wasn't good enough, what if she didn't like the way Amelia's room was and other things like that. But I think it was less stressful when I remember that Camilla likes the child's input and I know that Amelia loves it here. She loves having her own little space and all her toys and clothes and she loves both myself and Carina. 

*knock knock knock*

No One's POV

"Go on Amelia, you can answer the door this one time" Maya says to Amelia as she pauses the TV

"Okay" She gets up and opens the door.

"Hello Amelia. Do you remember me?" Camilla asked Amelia as she opened the door.

"Yes, you said that I could live with Maya and Carina" Amelia says with a huge smile on her face. Carina and Maya walk up behind Amelia and welcome Camilla into the house. 

Carina sets Amelia down in the living room and pressed play on the TV to keep Amelia occupied whilst the other two show Camilla around the house.

Carina and Maya walk Camilla through every room in the house and leave Amelia's room for last.

"Can Amelia show me her room please, alone" Camilla asks the two adults.

"Si" Carina says in response to her. "I'll go get her" and off she goes into the living room and comes back with Amelia who is holding her hand.