Chapter Twelve

---TW---

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS PHYSICAL AND VERBALLY ABUSIVE BEHAVIOUR AND STRONG LANGUAGE WHICH IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

-------

Amelia's POV

I'm sat with Maya and Carina on the couch after we have finished dinner and we are watching TV when there is a knock at the door. Maya walks over and opens it and the person on the other side of the door sounds familiar. The person barges in. The face gets clearer and clearer as they get closer to me, but Maya and Carina seem to fade away. The room goes from Maya's house, to a house I know all too well.

They grab hold of my hair and drag me down to the floor. The person becomes clear.

"Mommy stop, please" I whimper as she proceeds to slap me across the face.

"Stop whining you ungrateful bitch" She slaps me again, her hand landing in the same place the previous one did. "I have done everything for you and you don't appreciate a single fucking thing. Do you" She screams in my face. "DO YOU"

I hear her unbuckle her belt and she starts hitting me repeatedly across my back. Her main choice of harm.

"AMELIA-GRACE YOU WILL OPEN THAT FUCKING MOUTH AND SPEAK WHEN I AM TALKING TO YOU, AM I CLEAR" another number of whips come, this time across the backs of my legs.

"s...s...sorry mommy" I attempt to say as all my body can do is scream as I lay on the floor unable to move.

"I"

*SLAP*

"Didn't"

*SLAP*

"hear"

*SLAP*

"you"

*SLAP*

"sorry mommy" I say a little bit louder, struggling to breathe as her hand is tightly held around my arm.

she drags me up the stairs, her nails digging into my arm and throws me into a tiny closet and I hear the lock shut.

"You will stay here until you learn Amelia-Grace, that nobody will ever love you"

Maya's POV

"Maya" Amelia cries out, her breathing being really shallow and her tiny body drenched in sweat.

I wake up and instantly realise something is wrong with her. Carina is also awoken by Amelia's call for me.

"She, she she came here and got me. a-a-a-and was h-h-h-hurting m-m-me" She says really fast, still struggling to breathe.

"Hey hey, calm down Amelia." I say to her calmly, pulling her shaking body towards me, laying her head on my boobs.

"I-I-I CAN'T" she screams out, her face being consumed in tears, her hands grabbing onto my t-shirt so tight that her knuckles where going white. I was getting more worried that she was going to injure herself.

"Bambina, can you hear or feel Maya's heartbeat" Carina says to Amelia, trying to conceal the panicked look on her face.

Amelia nods her head, her hands still gripped tightly onto my top.

"Good, now can you breathe with me while listening to Maya's heartbeat. It will help you relax and calm down." She asks Amelia who nods her head again in response.