xix. touches

CHAPTER NINETEEN

✯✯✯✯✯

smut

Paul stayed close to Genevieve as they walked down the path and onto the main road. There was no danger here, he'd smell it if there were so he let himself relax a bit. Genevieve wasn't tied to the house, she was no prisoner, they just wanted to keep her safe and she let them. The leaves crunched under her boots.

Gen had asked to go to the beach so that is where they were headed. It wasn't far from Sam and Emily's home and Paul could hear the waves crashing onto the shore from where they walked. Of course, Gen couldn't since her hearing was human.

"C'mere." Paul wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

It wasn't as cold today and there weren't many clouds in the sky. It was bright and the smell of pine and rain was comforting to the both of them.

They turned on a small street and Gen perked up slightly as she glanced up at the man beside her. He pretended not to see her for a second. "Isn't this where you live?"

"Maybe," he said, grimacing.

"In the few months i've known you, I've never been to your house." Genevieve stated.

"Let's keep it that way."

Genevieve stopped in her tracks, confused. The girl looked at the small home a few houses down and back at Paul. Was she not allowed to see it? Paul sighed and rubbed his face.

"Why?" Gen wondered.

"It's a mess." Paul defended.

"Have you seen my brothers room? I think I can handle it." Genevieve smiled up at him. "You live by yourself."

"My dad moved out last year." Paul explained as they walked towards his house. "I just don't want anyone else see the mess he left behind."

With that Paul meant the broken doors and holes in the walls he was meant to fix whenever his father had anger outbursts. That's where he got his own temper from. He had told Gen about his family and she was nothing but supportive.

"You really want to see where I live?"

When Genevieve nodded excitedly Paul grinned down at her and took her hand in his as he lead her down the path. The paint was coming off the wooden door and the porch could use some fixing but other than that it looked cute from the outside. The inside was a different story, however. It wasn't as messy as Paul had made it out to be but there were holes in the wall and the door leading to the living room was missing.

"I'm sorry," he rubbed the back of his head.

"Stop," Gen shook her head as she looked around.

It had a good amount of space and could use a lick of paint and some fixing up but it was definitely a cute house. Genevieve could see the forest through the window as she glanced around. The kitchen was clean, indicating Paul never ate at home. To be honest he never was much home these days.