xvi. no singing

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

✯✯✯✯✯

Genevieve's hand reached up to try and claw the hand off of her neck, but he wouldn't budge. Her nails scraped over his stone like hand as tears spilled from her eyes. He stared at her, blood red eyes on her like a hawk as she gasped for air. His expression softened, and he loosened his hands slightly, so she could breath.

The leech said nothing. Gen wanted to scream for Paul, Quil or anyone that could take the vampire out, but she didn't. He was unfamiliar to her and smelled strongly of herbs and smoke, as if he were carrying sage in his pockets. It made her nauseous.

"Let go of me," she whimpered, her voice hoarse from the pressure he had put on her throat.

"I can't do that." he declared, face unmoving. His dark brown hair fell over his pale forehead as he leaned closer towards her face and inhaled her scent, closing his eyes as if he were enjoying it. "The name's Elliot. Nice to meet you. Though, I wish it were under better circumstances."

"What do you want from me?" she demanded, lip trembling.

"You're my singer," he stroked her cheek with his other hand. "Your blood calls to me. I've waited a very long time to finally meet you. I've been following you for a year now. Oh? You didn't know?" he chuckled when she furrowed her brows. "Didn't daddy tell you? Ha! What a surprise! I thought he had at least warned you."

Genevieve felt tears pool in her eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"Your father was a pain in my ass." Elliot had a wicked smile on his face. "He was a mutt too, you know. Killed a few of my friends. I followed him and he brought me straight to you. I killed him on his way home. It was too easy. He smelled like wet dog and then you didn't, peculiar. Of course, I can smell it on you but not in you. Your blood is pure. Then you moved away, and it took me months, but I've finally found you."

Genevieve's vision blurred; her head was pounding as the hand slowly tightened around her throat again. Her father passed away in a car accident. She remembered that night so vividly she could never forget it even if she tried to. He had to be lying.

"Stop," she begged as he ran his tongue over her cheek. "They'll kill you. They will rip you apart."

"Hm," he hummed. "Not before I've had my fun with you."

"Please," she cried.

"Don't worry, love." he grinned as he took his hand from her skin and stood up straight. "Not today, anyways. Tell your mutt I said hello."

Genevieve blinked away her tears and the leech was gone. The window was open, and the chilly air wafted inside, goose bumps rising onto her skin. There was a shout in the hallway and her door burst open, revealing a very angry Paul.

His dark eyes fell onto her shaken frame, his shoulders starting to shake as he inhaled deeply. Jacob and Jared were behind him, alert.

"Paul?" she breathed.

The shapeshifter was gone within seconds, leaving her to herself as he screamed something to his packmates. They all disappeared from her sight as Emily hurried into her room.

"Gen, honey?" she tried, eyes wide as she made her way towards the girl. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

Genevieve shook her head, eyes still staring at the spot Paul stood moments ago as she wrapped her arm around Emily, heart still beating like a mad man. Her breathing was laboured as the woman tried to calm her down.

"It's okay," Emily smoothed out her hair, brushing a tear from Gen's face. "You're okay. Oh, Gen, someone should have stayed here with you. We were in the cafeteria when Paul caught his scent. They rushed here straight away. They're going after him right now. This shouldn't have happened."

"He said he killed my father." Gen cried. "That he's been following me for a year. I don't know what he wants with me. He kept calling me his singer."

Emily was quiet for a moment. "He said that?"

Genevieve nodded her head, leaning away from the woman to look at her. Emily had gone paler than that she was when she first rushed into the room.

"Can we go home?" Gen asked. "I don't want to be here anymore."

Emily nodded her head and told her she'd call for the doctor when she'd hear from Sam to see if it was safe to go home. Seth and Leah were in the waiting room in case anything happened. They had stayed behind.

"We'll be home soon."

[short chapter, i apologize. I am also aware how bad this is but like i said in last chapter. once this story is done i will edit and rewrite everything. I'm not happy with it, but I promised myself to finish this story this year so here we are. the next chapters will be longer and will obviously focus on elliot and how they're going to get rid of him! i'm kind of excited to write the rest of the story so let's see how it goes :)]