xxi. breaking rules

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

✯✯✯✯✯

        It wasn't difficult to convince Paul to let her stay with Kim for the night. Not that she needed his or anyone's permission to do anything, but Paul was an overprotective man. Genevieve felt horrible for lying to him, but she'd much rather lie and have him hate her for what she was about to do than lose her friends. Of course, Kim had no idea that Genevieve was supposedly staying with her, and she wondered how long it would take for the pack to figure out that she lied to them.

Genevieve was already long out of Forks and on her way towards Port Angeles when her phone rang in the passenger's seat of her mother's truck. It was her brother. The girl furrowed her brows as she saw the trees sped by the car, just like when she got back to Washington.

The phone went silent and a few seconds later it rang again, it was Paul this time. Tears streamed down her face as she sped down the road. It was an abandoned warehouse where she was going. Genevieve knew she probably wasn't going to survive this, but she'd much rather die than have her mother and friends die for her.

The vampire was after her and not them, they didn't have anything to do with it. Genevieve was sure as hell not letting them die for her.

The phone rang again, and she ignored it.

Gen could see the warehouse in the distance. It was remote, there were barely any buildings around her, and she was sure that the buildings she did see weren't occupied at this time. It was already dark outside.

"Get it together." she breathed, swallowing her fear as she parked the truck. Gen closed her eyes and tried to calm her heart from beating out of her chest. There were multiple text on her screen but she didn't have the heart to read them. It only hurt more.

It was chilly outside, and she locked the car, glancing around nervously as she slowly made her way towards the entrance of the warehouse. The door was heavy as she pushed it open, darkness took her sight as the door fell shut behind her. It was eerily quiet and the only thing she could hear was the sound of her shallow breaths.

It felt as if a block of ice had hit her when she found herself against the wall, feet dangling above the ground and hands on her throat.

"Ah, finally."

✯✯✯✯✯

"Where the fuck is she?" Paul roared, angrily as he paced back and forth at Sam's place. He had called Kim when Gen didn't pick up her phone. She had forgotten her charger and he wanted to bring it over only to have Kim tell him she wasn't there, and they'd never made plans. "She's not answering the phone, goddamnit."

"Paul, please." Emily tried to calm the angry wolf. He was livid, and no one blamed him, they all were, but it wasn't helping the situation. They weren't going to get more information that way.

"I'll try again." Quil muttered as he rang her number. He had gone awfully quiet ever since they'd found out his sister was gone. "Voicemail."

"I'll call Charlie." Sam tried, on edge as he disappeared into the other room. "Have him track her phone or something."

Embry and Jacob were outside, patrolling the area for any sign of the youngest Ateara.

"Fuck!" Paul yelled as he threw his phone through the room after Gen didn't pick up his call after the twentieth try. The shapeshifter collapsed onto the couch, head in his hands. "I – I don't ..."

"I don't know why she would lie." Kim mumbled as Jared wrapped his arms around his imprint.

Emily sat down next to Paul and rested her hand on his shoulder, rubbing his skin in comfort. Paul barely noticed as he raked his brain to see if she gave any clue to where she might have gone, but there was none.

Embry and Jacob stumbled into the home, and with a shake of their heads they knew that Genevieve was no longer in La Push. Paul sulked even more down into his seat, fingers ripping at his black locks in frustration.

Sam burst through the door back inside the living room, alarmed look on his face. "She's in Port Angeles. Charlie tracked her phone to an abandoned warehouse. She got a text last night with the address."

Paul clenched his jaw and stood up, making Emily jump slightly. "Fucking leech. Where?"

"It's an hour and a half drive." Sam sighed, rubbing his head. "I need Seth and Embry to stay here. We can't leave the reservation without protection. The rest of you, lets go."

They didn't take the cars, they shifted into their wolf forms and took off deep within the forest.

I'll fucking rip their heads off

Will we be there in time?

Shut up, she's going to be fine

Paul tried to shut out their thoughts as he urged his legs to run faster. The shapeshifter was fast, faster than his pack mates. They tried to keep up with him, but Paul left them. Sam ordered him to slow down, but deep down knew that it was more of a warning that an actual order. Paul decided to ignore it.

I desperately want to finish this story so I can edit all of the chapters and make it more enjoyable, but for now I just want to finish the story. Lmao it is so bad but hopefully you'll like my other paul story that I also desperately need to update because I actually like that one :)