xx. phone calls

CHAPTER TWENTY

✯✯✯✯✯

It had been three months since Genevieve and Paul had been attacked on their way home by the leeches. There hadn't been a sign of the vampires for two of those months and slowly things were going a bit back to normal. Genevieve no longer stayed at the Uley house but back with her mother. Gen missed her own bedroom. The girl adored Sam and Emily, but it had taken a toll on everyone, and she wanted them to be able to spend time with each other without her and Paul there.

They were still very much on edge but seemed to be able to breathe a bit more. The pack kept their worries to themselves. Paul now stayed with Genevieve at her home, and she was glad he did. Sometimes they'd spend a few days at his home but mostly at hers.

Genevieve had her cast taken off a few weeks prior and was declared healthy. Her head had healed, and she no longer experienced headaches or nightmares from that night.

"What about this?" Gen shoved the magazine at Paul, who laid on his stomach on her bed while flipping through another magazine. The girl had promised to help him with his house, and they were picking out new colors. Paul didn't care that much and told her she could do whatever she wanted, but it was his house and she wanted him to pick something himself.

Paul took the magazine from her and hummed. It was a display of a living room, about the same size as his own with a dark green wall and green couch, it fit the forest vibe and he nodded, impressed.

"I actually really like this one." he turned to her with a smile.

"Really?" Gen was excited. "don't say it just because I like it."

"I'm not." Paul shook his head and put the magazines on the floor before crawling towards her and wrapping his arms around her torso. He peppered her face with sloppy kisses. "I do like it. We'll paint the walls green."

"We could head to Port Angeles this weekend to get supplies." Genevieve suggested and the shapeshifter hummed in agreement, continuing to place kisses all over her exposed skin, starting at the skin of her neck. "Paul,"

"Hmm?"

"My mom is downstairs."

"So? You'll just have to be quiet."

"Paul," she warned, lightheartedly.

He chuckled and planted a kiss on her lips before nodding his head. He had patrol in ten minutes and told her Jared and Seth were going to watch the house while he was gone. Quil was already on patrol and would get off in a few hours, so she'd be home alone with her mother.

"Please, be careful." Gen breathed as she ran her hands through his hair.

"I always am." Paul frowned. Counting the freckles on her face.

"I know." she nodded. "I'll wait up for you, tonight."

Paul smiled softly at her and shook his head. "I won't be done until two. Go to sleep, I'll wake you when I get back." Genevieve pursed her lips and sighed. "I promise I'll wake you."

"Okay," Gen agreed.

✯✯✯✯✯

Genevieve rubbed her head with a towel as she excited the bathroom, closing the door with her foot as she walked towards her room. Droplets of water fell down her back as she tried to dry her hair as much as she could before letting it air dry. The floor creaked underneath her bare feet as she entered her room.

It was warm inside, she had turned the heater on, and the girl sat down on her bed, pulling on a pair of socks. It was ten at night and though she had promised Paul not to stay up for him, she wasn't tired yet. Her mother had gone to bed already, she had an early shift the next day.

Gen hummed silently to herself as she pulled on a pair of leggings and a shirt Paul had left behind. Closing her curtains, she wondered if Jared and Seth were bored, having to sit outside for so long just to keep watch for her safety. She felt guilty, but there wasn't anything she could do to change their minds.

It was quiet outside, no crickets, birds or wind. It was odd.

Genevieve plopped down in bed and turned on her tv that was mounted on the wall. She flipped through the channels but there wasn't anything excited on, so she stopped when she found an old episode of Grey's Anatomy. Watching tv often made her tired so she hoped to be able to fall asleep soon.

The screen of her phone lit up and she glanced at it, seeing two missed calls from an unknown number. As Genevieve was about to pick it up it rang again, and she frowned. Her heart sunk, knowing it wasn't anyone of her friends.

The brunette picked it up. "Hello?"

It was silent for a moment. "Hello, darling."

Genevieve sat up straight, alert as she glanced around her room. Her heart hammered in her chest, and she hoped either Jared or Seth could hear it from outside, but she doubted it. "What do you want?"

"I think you know."

"How did you get my number?"

"Oh, that John's girl was very helpful." Gen could hear the smile in his voice. "She sends her regards, by the way. Ah, don't worry she's alright. I just need you."

Genevieve was silent as she breathed in deeply, closing her eyes as she tried not to have a panic attack. She hoped he might have forgotten about her, with there not being a trace of them for months, but deep down she knew he wouldn't have. Not with having gone through so much trouble to get to her before.

"Now, I want you to meet me somewhere."

"Why would I?" she breathed.

The vampire tutted at her answer. "Bad things will happen if you don't, Genevieve." She thought about calling out for Jared and Seth, but it was as if he could read her mind, and maybe he could. "Don't. I know where your mother works, and I know where your friends Kim and Emily live, so if you want them to be safe you better meet me tomorrow. I'll text you the address. I will know if you tell anyone."

The line ended and Gen let out a desperate sob, stifling her cries into her sheets.

yes, I am going to pull a Bella

also, please remember I wrote most of this story in like 2015/2016 so it isn't how I'd write a story now. it is a bit too fast paced and I am aware of that. I'll write more Paul pics in the future that are hopefully better, thanks so much for the support so far, it means a alot to me!