༒𝑉𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑒'𝑠 𝐷𝑎𝑦༒

➪𝐵𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑉𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑒?-------------------------------------

➪𝐵𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑉𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑒?
-------------------------------------

--Y/n's POV--

I walked into Granny's diner a few mornings later. I saw Emma, Mary Margaret and Ashley (Cinderella) sitting around a table, Ruby was standing.

"Hey guys," I greeted, pulling up a chair. My voice sounded unintentionally sad.

"Hey, is everything okay? You looked pretty upset when you came in last night," Mary Margaret inquired.

"Everythings... okay." I lied.

"Come out with me! Let's have a girl's night!" Ruby perked, continuing the previous conversation I interrupted. "We can all go, Mary Margaret, Y/n! Emma, too, if you leave the badge at home."

"I'm not really in the party mood, but you guys can all go and have fun!" Emma declined.

"Yeah, I might second that." I smiled.

19 Years BC (Before Curse)

--3rd Person POV--

Killian had dressed. He wasn't able to fall back asleep after his encounter with Sailor. He decided to spend the rest of the night on the deck.

But as he climbed the last stair, he was greeted with the Crocodile. Rumplestiltskin.

The hooked pirate immediately held a sword to his neck, ready to kill the beast.

"Ooh, sharp," the Dark One lightly tapped the end of the sword.

"What do you want!? Why have you come here!" Killian shouted, but still trying not to wake the crew.

"Easy, dearie." The Crocodile calmed. "I've come to offer a deal.

------

--Y/n's POV--

It was nighttime now. I assumed the girls were all at the bar. I wasn't in the best mood to party. So I went to the beach. The dock brought too many memories back and now just seemed like a place of lies. It was where Ares and I had met. Where we hung out and where I often saw him drawing.

I don't even know why I was feeling this upset, or maybe I did and I just didn't want to admit why. It has shocked me to my core, but I like Ares. I really do.

I sat down on the sand, leaning against a rock that faced the ocean.

I closed my eyes. Suddenly the only noise I could hear was the waves crashing against the shoreline and I could feel a soft breeze creeping up my spine. I smiled, but my happy mood was short-lived when a certain British brunette appeared next to me.

"That looks good on you," Peter said. I opened my eyes and looked at him quizically. "The smile."

"Thanks," I spoke, looking back at the ocean.

"Happy Valentines Day, Y/n."

I scoffed. "We're not together anymore, Pan. Don't try to be charming."

"I'm not." I felt a small pressure on my hand, I looked down at the sand where it rested, but something was different. Pan was holding my hand. I could feel his rough palm against my soft one and his fingers between mine. His hand seemed to warm up mine. "I don't think I'm the one you want to hear that from though, am I?" He considered. He was talking about Ares. and maybe he was right. Maybe I did want to hear those exact words from Ares' thin lips. But maybe I didn't. Maybe I didn't want to hear Ares lie through his teeth and see his scared eye looking at mine. "You're absolutely oblivious, aren't you?" And those were the last words I heard from Pan before I heard another voice behind me. The voice of betrail and deception.

"Y/n?" He called before I snapped my head around. He was holding a small black box with a forest green ribbon tied to it.

"What could you possibly need?" I scoffed, turning my head back to the water.

I heard Ares footsteps in the sand walk to me, and a louder scrunch when he sat down. I didn't dare meet his piercing blue eyes. I couldn't.

"Y/n," He placed a gentle hand on my elbow. I struggled not to meet his gaze though I could feel his lasering my head. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that you took my necklace, Ares!" I shoved his hand off of me and finally looked him in the eye. I struggled to see innocents in his once beautiful eyes. Ares let his eyes shift to the sand. "You lied to me! About who you are and where you were from! I trusted you, Ares! I needed you! And you betrayed me, okay! That's what the hells wrong!"

"Y/n, I'm sorry, okay! Just take this." He shoved the black box into my hands.

"I don't want it!" I retorted, handing it back to him, but he didn't take it.

"Please, Y/n, just open it." I rolled my eyes and scoffed but messily unties the forest green ribbon. I carelessly opened the small black box and saw the same gold shine I knew all too well. It was my golden, sunflower necklace. I gulped. "I was going to sell it, but then I thought of you. You said the necklace was the only thing you had of your dad's. I couldn't take it away from you. Not permanently." I looked into his eyes. The innocents were back, and something else, something kind that I could decipher. "Can-can I put it on you?" He awkwardly mumbled. I nodded. I turned so my back was to him. I moved my h/l h/c hair out of the way and put it to my front side. I handed Ares the necklace and allowed him to put it on. I felt him shift as he placed the necklace over my head, I could feel his hands (that were softer than before) on my neck as he fiddled with the necklace.

"Why did you say you were from the orphanage?" I whispered as he struggled with the necklace.

"I didn't want you to think I was... I don't know... weird, maybe?" I could feel his warm breath against my neck.

"I would never think that," I whispered.

"Most people did." I heard him finish with the necklace so I turned to face him, sitting on my knees.

"Most people are weird." I smiled.

"You're not."

I shrugged and let out a chuckle. "I am not most people." I leaned my head forward as I spoke.

Most people would have thought we had kissed that night. But we didn't. We didn't try to. We were just teenagers; not cursed, not weird, not magical. Just teenagers. Enjoying each other.

And that was perfect.