༒𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐿𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐿𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠༒

𝐿𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔——————————————-

𝐿𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔
——————————————-

—Y/n's POV—

Rather quickly, I walked to the docks where I'd hoped to find Ares. If what Peter was saying was true, I was very disappointed in him.

"I thought I might find you here," I said, seeing his figure sitting on the edge of the dock.

"I come here to think," he replied.

"So do I," I told him, sitting down next to him. I still felt weak. I looked down at my lap and from the corner of my eye, I could see his hand reaching over to mine. Just as he made contact, I pulled my hand away. "You wanted to trade places with Peter. Why?" I asked, staring out into the body of water as the wind blew in my face.

"Want, Y/n," he corrected. "Want to trade places with Peter."

"Okay," I sighed. "Have it your way. Why do you want to trade places with Peter?"

"Because he has you," Ares finally answered, I turned my head to find him already looking over at me.

"Coming back to life won't change anything,"

"Maybe." He said plainly, looking out into the water. "Would you still love Peter if I was still alive?"

I scoffed. "That's not fair."

"No, it's not. But he killed me." Ares seethed and his eyes darkened. "And now you're pregnant with his child."

"Oh, I'm sorry, would you rather it be yours?" I sassed.

"Yes!" He snapped before taking a deep breath. "Y/n, yes! I want—I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Yeah, well, we don't always get what we want." I gulped. But I felt like I was telling this to myself more than to Ares.

"I'm sure you would know," he scoffed.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"You've had everything handed to you your entire life." He said it. And he thought it was the truth. It sounded like he had been holding that sentence back for an eternity.

"Really?" I questioned. "My mother killing herself is having something handed to me? My magic being used to take over the world is having something handed to me?" My voice started to get louder and louder. "My baby dying is something being handed to me? If that's what you call something being handed to you, your life must have been a really shit show." I took a deep breath. "Some of my life has been amazing but don't you dare assume it's been easy."

"It's not like I've had it any better," he disregarded my last comment as he stood. I follow suit. He was taller than me which made it a little harder to be intimidating. "My dad favoured my annoying cousin over me because he was obsessed with becoming king. I lived in an orphanage in a time loop for 28 years wondering if anyone out there would love me. I had my heart ripped out of my chest, Y/n," he cried. "My girlfriend who I thought loved me went ahead and got knocked up by my killer's child. So, excuse me, if I'm upset with you."