Chapter 30

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ Flashback, mention of abuse, panic attack

Scarlett's pov:

I was laying on the couch with Y/n and I was playing with her hair, until I rested my hands on her chest. She immediately shot up, terrified, and she started backing away from me.

"NO! Please don't touch me again, I'll do anything, I beg you, please!" She begged, shaking and tears were streaming down her face. Her whole face was filled with terror as she looked at me, she had never looked at me like that before. The closest thing had been when she had seen Mr. Williams the day she had been adopted.

She was curled up into a ball and her whole body was shaking with panicked sobs, something I did must have triggered a flashback. I tried approaching her but she just backed further away from me.

"Hey sweetheart, it's me Scarlett, I promise I'm not going to hurt you", I gently said while crouching down beside her. She looked up at me and she calmed down slightly, but she was still shaking uncontrollably. At least she wasn't trying to get away from me anymore, so I took that as a sign to keep going.

"Can I hug you, is that okay?" I asked and she nodded.

I pulled her in for a reassuring hug and comforted her. "I'm so sorry bubs, but you're okay, it's just me and you, I promise you're safe", I said gently while rocking her back and forth.

I noticed she had trouble breathing so I put her head to my chest so that she could hear my heartbeat, that usually helped her calm down. It took her a little longer than usual, but she eventually stopped shaking, she was just sobbing now.

"I-I'm sorry", she sobbed into my chest. "Ssshhh, you have nothing to be sorry for hunny", I said while still holding her close. "Y-Yes I d-do, I lashed o-out on you, y-you didn't deserve t-that", she said in between sobs.

"Hey, I know it wasn't your fault, I know it was something that I did, do you want to tell me, that way I know what it is and I will never do it again, I'm so sorry honey."

"I-", she tried, but she couldn't get any words out. "Was it when I put my hand on your chest, did that trigger a memory?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Did someone touch you there without your consent?" I asked and she nodded again. "Oh I'm so sorry sweetheart, are there any other places I should be aware of?"

"M-My neck and a-ass", she mumbled. "Okay, thank you so much for telling me sweetie, I'm proud of you", I said before kissing her forehead. "Do you want to go back up on the couch or do you want to go up to your room?" I asked.

"M-My room..." She quietly mumbled. "Alright honey, do you want me to carry you?" I asked and she nodded. I picked her up bridal style and carefully carried her upstairs to her room. Her head was in the crook of my neck and I could sense that she was still a bit shaken up.

I gently put her down on her bed but when I tried to stand up she wouldn't let me go, she was hanging on to me as if her life depended on it. "Please don't leave me momma", she whispered with panic in her voice. That was a new one. "Momma." I like it. "Hey, I'm just going to go downstairs and get a blanket and some snacks okay, I promise I will never leave you", I reassured her.

She then nodded and reluctantly let me go. I went downstairs and fetched the blanket and snacks like I had told her before hurrying back upstairs. When I got to her room she was curled up into a ball with tears silently streaming down her face.

I rushed over to her and pulled her into a warm hug which she melted into. "It's okay bubs, I'm here", I comforted her while stroking her back, making sure not to touch her chest or her neck as I didn't want to trigger anything else.