Chapter 33

⚠️Warnings:⚠️ mention of anxiety and panic attack, slight flashback

Y/n's pov:

Eventually, I was one of the last girls there, and when the door opened, the man standing in the doorway called my name.

"Y/n Y/l/n?"

I quickly got up and followed him into a room. There were a couple of people sitting by a long table behind a camera. Alright, the camera meant that they were taping the audition. I walked over to the table and quickly introduced myself to everyone there, including the person who brought me in.

I tried to be respectful to everyone, you never know if they're a janitor or the director, it's best to play it safe and be kind to everyone. The people there were the casting director, the producer, a camera operator since they were taping the auditions, along with a couple of other people who I didn't know who were.

They took my picture and then told me to go stand on a mark on the floor in front of the camera. The casting director then said "You can start", so I started acting.

*Insert amazing monologue that I can't be bothered to make up*

When I was done, they seemed fairly impressed, and the casting director asked me to do it again but with more sarcasm, as that was apparently a big part of the character.

I was happy they asked me to do it again, because that usually means that they are interested in you, so I happily did it again, but with more sarcasm this time.

They seemed happy with my performance, either that or it was shit, because they said that I was excused. I tried to read their facial expressions but their faces didn't tell me anything. I thanked everyone and gave them my script back before leaving through the back door and walking back to the receptionist to check out.

I then walked back outside and to the car, where Scarlett was eagerly waiting. "How did it go?" She asked me the second I had closed the car door. "It was fine I guess, don't expect a call back though", I shrugged while Scarlett started the car.

"I mean, they did seem fairly interested, they asked me to to it again but with more sarcasm because that's apparently a big part of the character, but other than that, nothing interesting really happened."

"They asked you to do it again? That's really great honey, it probably means that-" Scarlett said but I cut her off. "Yeah, I know what it means, it means that they're interested in you, or that you're shit and they want to get a good laugh out of you and see just how shitty you are", I sighed.

I hadn't meant to sound rude, and I had regretted saying what I said the second the words left my mouth. I had just been stressed and anxious because it had been my first audition in a long time and my social anxiety had kicked in while I was auditioning.

When I realized what I had said, I put my face in my hands. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean or to cut you off, it's just I was close to having a panic attack in there and I just needed some time to myself, I'm so sorry, that's not an excuse to snap at you, I-"

Scarlett then grabbed my hand reassuringly. "Hey, it's okay, I understand that you are stressed and it's normal for teenagers to snap at their parents", she smiled at me. "Yeah, but that's when I'm not allowed to go to a party or something, not when you are talking to me normally", I said, still feeling bad for talking to Scarlett like that.

Scarlett then quickly pulled over to the side of the road and got out of the car. She then walked over to the passenger side of the car and opened the door. My body tensed up. A flow of memories came washing over me, and I thought Scarlett was going to do something to me, like Mr. Williams had done multiple times.

But instead of hitting me, Scarlett pulled me in for a warm hug. As soon as my body met hers, I felt myself relax in her embrace. She must have noticed my tense body because when we broke apart, she looked at me with a sad expression in her eyes.

"I promise you, I'll never do anything to hurt you sweetie", she reassured me. "I know, I can't help it, it's like a reflex", I mumbled. "I'm so sorry bubs", she said while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Should we get back in the car?" She asked and I nodded. Scarlett put on some music so that we weren't sitting in complete silence, and after a while we were both singing our hearts out to Beyonce.

Scarlett was a surprisingly good singer, I mean, there was a reason that she got the role as Ash in "Sing", her voice was angelic.

It wasn't more than 3pm, so Scarlett and I decided to stop for some lunch at a small cafe. We found a table inside, that way less people would notice Scarlett. She ordered a coffee and a salad, and I ordered a lemonade and a sandwich.

The food was great and the waitress was really kind, and we were soon back in the car. I thought we were going back home now, but Scarlett had other plans. "What do you say to some Dunkin Donuts as a celebration for your audition?" She asked me with a little smirk.

"I mean, sure, I never say no to doughnuts, but we don't have to go if you don't want to", I said. "I would not have asked if I wasn't craving donuts", Scarlett giggled before pulling up at Dunkin Donuts.

We went through the drive-through and we both got two donuts each along with an iced coffee for me. Scarlett said that one coffee per hour was enough for her so she sat the iced coffee out this time.

When we sat in the car and munched on our doughnuts with Ariana Grande playing over the speakers, I couldn't help but smile. A month ago, I would have never seen myself where I was now, with the two best parents in the world and the best little sister I could ever have asked for.

I was beyond grateful for what Scarlett and Colin had done for me, and I was going to try my best to be a good enough daughter for them.

Scarlett noticed the soft smile on my face because she asked "why are you smiling, are the doughnuts really that good?" I had to laugh. "Yeah, they are good but I'm smiling because I'm grateful for the opportunities you and Colin have given to me, I could never have asked for a better family, thank you."

"Of course sweetheart, we all love you so much!" Scarlett exclaimed while pulling me in for a bone-crushing hug.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Alright, the audition is done, will we get the role? Sorry for the sappy shit at the end, i just felt like it went with the situation

I hope you're all doing well and that you're taking care of yourselves

Love you 3000 <3

Word count: 1236 words