chapter 16

Pain is the first thing that she feels as she try moving but couldn't. The beeping sound it's what makes her confirm her curiosity that she's indeed in a hospital, from her blurry vision she could see multiple figures doing whatever that she doesn't even feel.

"You are okay my baby." The familiar voice say making her heart to sink and drop, she try opening her eyes and after multiple attempt she open them which land on her aunt making her to stare in puzzlement, she wander her eyes back to her mum who's next to her on the bed and to her brother who's smiling, afrah scan the hospital room confused.

"Mum,
Aunty lily,
Where's uncle j?" Afrah say confused as the door open and jalal comes in.

"I'm right here cupcake,
I told them you are going to wake up before my birthday." Jalal say with a wide smile and afrah look weirdly at them.

"Mum, you are not mad at me?" Afrah ask and everyone look at her confused.

"Mad at you?
We are all happy you are alright " they all say in unison staring weirdly at afrah who's looking confused.

"I.....afrah say touching her stomach and confusedly look up at her family.

" i was pregnant,
What happened to my baby and aunty.... ...

"You where pregnant?" They all say in confusion looking between one another and turn there gaze back afrah.

"Ye....yes...yes..
Uncle j, aunty lily you left and uncle j,
I......mum, ya sadiq  you two came,
Omg am I dreaming?" Afrah say confused as she feel an intense headache, she grab her head hitting it hard as she try coming back to her senses.

"Huhh,
Hold on there, you are going to hurt yourself, you are not pregnant afrah and we are all fine, you have been in coma for 9weeks now, we had an accident on our way back from work, remember it was actually your first day at work, did you?" Jalal say holding afrahs hand but afrah shake her head looking confuse.

"No,
Aunty lailah you left, uncle j because i  was pregnant." Afrah yell making them to all look at her in bewilderment.

"Ohhh this is serious,
I didn't go anywhere and maybe somehow you are dreaming or something because we have been all waiting to share the goodnews with you if you wake up because i'm 5weeks pregnant." Lailah say with an awkward smile and everyone node looking at afrah who look all distorted.

"Pregnant!
How can you he pregnant?
Uncle j said he had a vesectomy." Afrah say looking at her uncle who look at her baffle.

"Vesectomy?
No way, lailah and i  have been trying to have kids for a very long time, maybe you need some rest?" Jalal say helping afrah to lay down but she smack his hand away.

"You all think I'm crazy?
You told me you had a sister her name is khadija some gangs that are against your dad killed her when you were 15, your dad got sentence to the state prison then commited suicide and your mum died, your dad is sort of a druglord or something." Afrah say and everyone look weirdly at her.

"Okay.
Firstly I'm an only child,
Secondly my dad is perfectly alive in Alaska, my mum is currently on her way to Nigeria,
Maybe you need some rest and you will be alright." Jalal say looking at everyone who all node in agreement.

"Yes honey maybe you need to rest," humairah say to her daughter who laugh bitterly.

"What?
I......it can't be a dream,
Uncle j you where drunk then you sort of raped me and aunty lailah gets upset and I'm pregnant I don't know who the dad is and.....I...you agreed to be the father, remember uncle j, aunty lailah you did remember that night right?." Afrah say looking and laughing between them.

"Raped you?
You mean jalal was intoxicated?" Lailah ask trying hard not to laugh at her niece and afrah node.

"I think i  should go call the doctor." Sadiq say and they all node in agreement.

"Doctor?
You all think I'm crazy?
I......OK aunty lailah remember you came home and found me and uncle j on the couch sleeping together you get upset and leave and mum you and sadiq came....you...." Afrah say confuse as she close her eyes maybe she's dreaming and open them but everyone is staring weirdly at her.

"Maybe you should lay down." Jalal say and the door open.

"OMG he's the doctor from the dream,
Sir you remember me right?
My aunt and her husband brought me months ago and you told me i  was pregnant, they told you they where my parents remember." Afrah say hopefully to the doctor who look strangely at her as he examine her with his eyes.

"I do remember.
But now you need to relax then we can talk later, right?" The doctor say and afrah node with a hopeful smile.

"Doctor henry right?" Afrah say with a smile and the doctor look at her.

"No, I'm Omar,
Dr Omar ,just don't stress yourself we will talk later the nurse will give you some injection so it can help you relax." Dr Omar say and afrah node as the nurse inject the liquid into her body, after few minutes she passed out and everyone sigh in relief.

"Dr what exactly is she talking about?
Is she going to be OK?" Humairah ask worriedly as she glance at her daughter.

"She will be fine but I will invite a friend of mine, he's an expert psychiatrist so he can do some examination on her first,." Dr Omar say and they all look at him confuse.

"A psychiatrist?
Is my daughter crazy or something?" Humairah say baffle and the doctor sigh.

"No ma,am.
Your daughter will be OK,
We will do an MRI to check on her brain and after that we will determine whether or not to refer her to the psychiatric section,
It's common in patients who have been unconscious for a period of time to act strangely if they are back consciousness but we will conduct an MRI to check whether the accident maybe affect her brain." He say with a reassuring smile and excuse himself out of the room.

The family turn to afrah who's looking all stress out even do she's asleep, jalal hug his wife from the back  and put his hand on her tummy, he press a warm kiss on her neck.

"She will be fine." Jalal say and lailah node as the family begin talking mostly about how happy they are about afrah getting well.

Ohhhh yes so it's all a dream or maybe not,
Anyway i  told you,
this is gonna be a twisted love story so expect a lot more twist.

Really excited to read all your comments

Drop your comments and vote.

I love you all.