chapter 35

Afrah!

I wake up with an extreme body pain,
With a sigh i groan and try sitting up but my body seriously ache so badly that it makes my eyes ache making the tears to roll down from them,
My mind reminiscence to what lead to this and i feel my anger intensifying, my brother has never raise his voice on me but because of that bitch i call aunt he raise his hand on me i will never forgive this unlawful act and i know just how to revenge, the bedroom door open revealing my uncle surprisingly with a plate of what i will guess my dinner.

"You are awake?" He say smiling and i just stare weirdly at him, he drop the plate of noodles with tea and some medication syrup in a cup.

"How are you feeling?" He ask staring at me worriedly and i turn my gaze away from him making him to sigh.

"Look afrah.
I know what my wife did was wrong but she's also sorry about her action,
She was upset that's why,
Now please eat your food and take your medication." He say calmly and i just pout but didn't protest .

"Your brother left early this morning but he say he will come back soon to check on you and he said i should apologize to you on his behalf." My uncle say and i node so it's morning already, guess i sleep the day off.,

He hand me the plate of noodles but i fold my hands to my chest with a frown making him to bite his button lips.

"Afrah you need to eat and take your medication." He say and i stare at him, there's something different about him, his gentleness and calmness its something i will get use to seeing.

"Feed me." I say and he just stare at me with a look of exhaustion, he pick the fork from the tray and begin feeding me the noodles.

There is an intense silence in the room only the sound of the ceramic plate when it collide with the fork, once i finish the noodles he offer me the tea cup and i collect muttering a thank you, he turn his gaze back to door as i drink the tea once I'm done he collect the cup and drop it on the tray, he hand me the cup of liquid syrup and i drink it instantly making weird faces do to the soggy taste.

"Do you want anything?" He ask looking at me and i shake my head.

"OK you should shower and come downstairs right." He say and i node.

"I will go help my wife in the kitchen before you join us." He say and i node.

I watch as he stand up and pick the tray with a sigh, he open the bedroom door.

"Uncle j." I called and he turn with his hand on the door handle.

"Yes.
Do you want something?" He ask and i shake my head.

"She doesn't deserve you." I say and he smile weakly at me.

"You either." He reply and exit the bedroom closing it shut  behind him making me to sigh heavily and stare at the rotating ceiling fan.
Ofcrse my aunt didn't deserve him she's a hypocritic and ungrateful bitch not just perfect for someone so innocent like him.

**************
Dropping the tray in the kitchen jalal head back upstairs to there bedroom, he glance at the untouch food by the bedside table making him to sigh and sit on the edge of the bed where his wife is sitting with her laptop place on her lap.

"Lailah." He say releasing a heavy breathe.
"Why are you making this difficult for me, I love you alot but sometimes i feel you don't even care about me as much as i do." Jalal say truthfully as he stare at his wife who doesn't even pay attention to him.

"Afrah will bath and i will like it if you come join us in the kitchen the doctor advice not to let her alone by herself to avoid her from negative thinking." Jalal say and lailah turn her gaze from the laptop screen.

"I'm not joining you and afrah in the kitchen,you know what jalal I'm tired of this marriage, it's either you choose me or afrah it's up to you to make that decision." Lailah say with a shrug and turn her gaze back to the laptop screen.

"What happened to you lailah.
You used to care about your niece,
Afrah need you now but you are going to abandoned her because she isn't well, I don't know lailah but i care about you and your family,
It's going to be a cold day for me if i abandoned your elder sisters kids because humairah was the reason we are together,
don't turn into someone you are not lailah, I know this is difficult but you know how much i love and care about you." Jalal say staring at his wife with soo much emotions.

"As you say jalal they are my sisters kid so do me a favor and let afrah go stay with her brother she can get treated over there." Lailah say with her gaze fix on the laptop screen making jalal to sigh.

"Why are you acting this way Lailah,
Afrah cannot go with her brother because she won't agreed to receive treatment and sadiq can't force her if she doesn't want to, this is going to be a tricky something afrah doesn't believe she need help we need to gently and calmly make her do this." Jalal say frustratedly at his wife and lailah Hiss.

She push him from edge of the bed and carry her laptop from the bed before exiting the bedroom grumbling to herself.

Jalal sigh and stand up from the carpeted tiles floor, he understand his wife anger but they have to do this together he need her to trust him and they can work this together, he feel so exhausted and tired, he climb the bed with a sigh and decide to take an early morning nap to cool his brain.

Lailah why are you making this difficult for your husband.

Drop your comments and vote please.