chapter 43

"why are you doing this jalal,
I have apologize times without number i said I'm sorry." Lailah say trailing behind her husband inside the kitchen.

"I have already told you lailah.
If i don't marry afrah I'm still gonna marry another lady, the choice is yours it's either you convince afrah to marry me or i bring a complete stranger for you as a rival." Jalal say removing the left over from the fridge.

"Are you threatening me?" Lailah say wiping her tears.

"No lailah.
I'm giving you an option,
I already have a good relationship with your niece and i wouldn't want to jeopardize that by asking her to marry me it just doesn't sound right,
So you will be the one to convince her i don't care whatever lie you are going to say but you have 3days and if you don't want afrah as your rival i can bring someone else for you." He say without a care and put the food in the microwave.

Lailah sniff and wipe her tears, her eyes has become permanently swollen do to how much she's always crying, lailah didn't blame her husband for been so callous to her because she believe she deserve it
She was the one that brought this upon there marriage if she didn't stood so low and slept with the security guy everything would have been normal but she couldn't control herself and now she have to bare the consequence.

"Why are you punishing me this way jalal,
Why do you have to marry another lady?
I........

" you slept with the security guy lailah,
Atleast I'm not cheating i want to do it the halal way
i didn't commit adultery. "He say and remove his food from the microwave.

" why do you have to bring this up all the time,
Yes I slept with the security guy how many times do i have to apologize for you to know just how sorry i am,
I love you jalal and I'm deeply sorry for my actions,"Lailah say and jalal snort walking out of the kitchen as she trail behind him.

"What do you want lailah?" Jalal say with a tiring sigh and sit on the dinning table.

"Forgive me jalal,
I want us to be like before,
I want us to be back to normal ,
I want to sleep next to you and wake up right next to you,
I want you to tell me how much you love me regardless my imperfections,
I want you to tell me you will always be there for me just as you always promised." Lailah say and kneel next to her husband leg making him to sigh

"There is no us lailah,
Anytime i see you it just keeps on ringing in my ear,
I feel cheated and used." Jalal say and shake his head.

"Did you love Afrah!" Lailah ask and jalal sigh.

"I don't know lailah but she makes me happy ." he say and lailah wipe her tears.

She stare at her husband with soo much pain, the thought of sharing jalal with afrah is something she can't do but what if he bring someone that will make her hate her the more, atleast afrah is stable and lailah see the changes in her niece since she got back from the hospital two days ago.

"What if afrah refused to marriage proposal?" Lailah ask making jalal to drop the spoon and turn his gaze to her.

"Lailah I'm not forcing you to convince your niece to marry me,
I'm just giving you a choice,
It's either you convince your niece to marry me or I marry whoever i want." Jalal say and lailah stare at her husband.

She can't even believe it's her jalal,
All her life she know just how much her husband dislike polygamy but because of her infidelity look where it land them both.

"I will try jalal,
But i want you to promised me one thing?" She ask and jalal snort.

"Lailah this isn't a negotiating something,
please let me eat in peace beside you don't have a say in my life you have make your choices earlier and I'm making mine now." He say and lailah sigh.

"I just want you to forgive me jalal,
Promise me that after you marry you are going to forgive me, I can't think straight knowing you haven't forgive me for what i did to you."Lailah say and jalal stare at his wife.

He feel sorry for lailah, he wish he can hug her and tell her everything it's going to be alright but the harsh reality of all this, it's he is still angry and forgiveness isn't something he's ready to do.

" goodnight lailah."jalal say and brush past her making her to lay on the cold tiles and cry.

Afrah.

Pushing the parlour door open i sigh and throw my backpack on the couch, I'm super hungry and tired, I head to the kitchen but stop mid way.

"Aunt Lailah." I call and kneel next to where she's laying silently crying on the cold tiles.

"Aunt lailah." I call and she sluggishly sit upright and wipe her tears making me to frown.

I understand my uncle anger but this is going to far, my aunt has completely turn into a mess, she has loose weight and the permanent eyebag doesn't help how miserable she always look.

"Sorry ." I say with a sigh and she shake her head with a sigh.

I have try talking to my uncle but he told me to stop meddling in his life it's his personal marital affair and don't want to talk about it.

"Do you need water?" I ask worriedly and she shake her head.

"You need to relax and give him the space he want, he will come around he's just angry, you know how much he loves you so something like this will definitely break him apart." I say and my aunt breakdown making me to sigh and slightly hug her.

"Jalal wants to take a second wife." She say and my heart literally drop by the news.

"What?" I say and she node wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"Yes Afrah,
I'm scared i don't want to share jalal with anyone , I love him
I know i hurt him but why did he want to punish me this way." She say crying and I sigh feeling really sorry and upset by my uncle decision.

I continue comforting my aunt after what seems like forever she stop crying and come out of my embrace.

"Afrah i need your help,
Promised me you will do whatever i ask you to please." She say with soo much desperation and i node with a smile.

"Ofcrse aunt lailah.
I love you, you are like a mother to me so anything for you and your happiness i promise if it's not against my dean and the law." I say with a node and she take a deep breathe,
I anxiously wait to hear how i can help to save my aunt crumbling marriage and what comes out of her mouth next will be a start of another rollercoaster in my life.

"I want you to marry my husband,
Your uncle." My aunt say and i give her a confuse look of bewilderment.

Where are the midnight owl's this is for you.

Uhmmm i smell alot of troubles.

Don't forget to drop your comments and vote.

Check out my other book.
Distasteful desires.

I love you all.