chapter 42

2weeks later

Jalal POV

It's been excruciating two weeks since i found out my wife has been cheating on me with our security guard it's still something i can't process, lailah cheating on me is something that has never cross my mind before i have complete trust in her and hearing that huge information just break every single piece of me, I usually spend my day in office and evening at the psychiatric clinic with Afrah, turn out afrah once caught her aunt with the stupid guy she told me she choose to keep quiet because regardless whatever was happening she still care about her aunt, Afrah has become a shoulder i lean on she isn't exactly the arrogant,narcissistic afrah she's a different person someone i find myself gradually confiding in,
This past two weeks i have start feeling things toward her that i know i shouldn't suppose to feel but i can't help because anytime i think about my wife i feel upset and heartbroken, exiting the bedroom i head downstairs and find lailah arranging dinner on the table, despite all going between us we eat together the only thing is we don't speak or sleep together.

"Dinner is set." She say and i turn from the parlour.

"I'm not eating." I say and turn to leave but stop when she call my name.

"Jalal.
I can't tell you to forgive me but this silent treatment is killing me,
You barely stay home and you leave in the evening and come back sometimes past midnight,
What happened to us?" She say trying to touch me and i step back.

"Did you hear yourself lailah?
Didn't you think about us before sleeping with that dirty looking security guy,
I have always treated you like a queen,
You were always my first priority and you didn't think of that and cheated on me,
Let me make this clear to you lailah.
I don't even know wether i still have feelings for you,
Before all this I'm always thinking about you but this past two weeks,
Sometimes i go a whole day without thinking about you,
Are we still married?
Can i ever love you again?
Can we ever be like before?
Will things ever be back to normal? All this questions keeps popping into my head and the answers are always negative." I say with a sigh and look up at the woman i used to always admire.

"J.....

" Lailah.
I think I'm falling in love with someone else."I say and i can see her jaw drop.

"W...what?" She say speechless and i shrug.

"You caused all this lailah,
You take my love for guaranted,
Let me say this to you because i don't want you to find out late.
I think I'm falling in love with Afrah." I say and i she shake her head.

"Afrah!
Of all people jalal you choose afrah?
She's my niece." She yell and i chuckle.

"You slept with the security guy lailah.
I don't know if Afrah is going to love me back but let me make this clear to you, wether or not i marry afrah i will take a second wife,
Never in my entire life have i ever think i will marry a second wife but lailah you ruine my plan because if i choose to forgive you i will never be happy, but if i marry a second wife it will quench the pain because you will understand just how much pain you have caused me." I say and she hold my hand.

"Jalal you promised me i will be your only wife." She say and i smile weakly.

"You promised never to cheat on me.
I used to love you Lailah but you cheated on me because of your own selfish reason." I say and she facepalm wiping her tears.

"It was a mistake j,
I don't know what i was thinking,
I'm sorry." She say and breakdown making me to shake my head.

"Sleeping with a security guy was a mistakes ?
That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard." I say with a snort and exit the parlour.

I have never thought there will be a day lailah will be crying and it won't hurt me but it just doesn't bother me anymore, it's as if i sleep and wake up one day all that feeling is perished.

Afrah's POV

"This is our last section afrah
How do you feel about that?
Dr ugo ask and i release a heavy breathe.

" I think I'm ready to be back home and go back to my usual life,
I missed my brother and my aunt,
I will like to go back to live with my brother because i want to leave all this behind and start afresh."I say truthfully and Dr ugo tap on his iPad.

"What about your uncle?
How do you feel about meeting him outside here?
What do you think about you two relationship?" He ask and i sigh with a weak smile.

"Well uncle j and i are friends or should i say bestfriend he pretty much confide in me this days due to the rough relationship with my aunt which I'm looking forward to making them solve there difference,
I have already apologize to him about my previous obsessive behaviour and he already accept my apology.
I would love to start a relationship maybe give someone a chance maybe my ex that i broke up with for no reason since you always emphasis on second chances." I say and he smile at me.

"That's good.
I'm really proud of you.
that's the end of our section and someone is here to see you."he say pointing at the transparent screen glass making me to turn my gaze and ofcrse my uncle is standing there, he slightly wave and i wave back with a smile before turning my attention back to Dr ugo.

" Did you tell him I'm ready to leave?"I ask and he shake his head.

"Nope.
I think you will need a one night rest in your room then tomorrow you can leave." He suggest and i node.

"Sound perfect.
Thank you." I say and doctor ugo node before exiting the room making ke to sigh.

I watch as he talk to my uncle and after a while they exchange handshake before my uncle head toward my room, he twist the handle with his usual smile on his face.

"Hey.
Dr ugo just tell me you can leave tomorrow morning." My uncle say and i node as he sit on the small sofa in the room.

"Yeah.
I was going to tell you today,
Plus i think i will go back home to stay with my brother, I want to leave all this behind." I say with a shrug and the smile on my uncle face drop.

"Why?
Afrah you are very welcome to stay with us plus i don't think your aunt will agreed to that." He say and i node.

We talk for a while about stuff mostly him doing the talking about how my aunt infidelity towards him has affect him badly, I feel really sorry for him but sometimes things happened that we just have to forget it happened and move on.

Drop your comments and votes.