chapter 58

The next 3 days pass by in a hazy, jalal did went home a couple of time and lailah was indeed there but pretend as if he was invisible, jalal work from the hospital he doesn't want to move even an inch away from Afrah and today the doctor has discharge them promising a nurse will come home every day to check on Afrahs wound and dress it, do the burn is healing even fast than the doctor expected, he's sure by next week Afrah will be OK.

"Finally,.
I hate hospital."Afrah say once they step out of the hospital building making jalal to smile as they walk to the car with him holding the multiple luggage.

" I'm craving a good home meal."Afrah say as jalal open the car door for her.

"Great.
What is it that you want to eat?" Jalal ask and afrah roll her eyes as jalal close the car door and walk to the drive seat.

"I want just rice and stew period." Afrah say once jalal enter the car.

"OK." Jalal say and start the car,
Even do they make small conversation on there way home jalal find himself nervous, lailah and afrah in the same house isn't something he like, he need to speed up with the house finishing that way the will leave and everyone will be in his apartment over there.

"Are you alright?" Afrah ask once jalal maneuver that car inside the house and halt in the garage.

"I'm fine just thinking about stuff." He say and exit the car making Afrah to shrug, she did know jalal is still insecure about she staying in thesame house with her aunt but Afrah careless about that because she is as ready as ever to treat her aunt the way she want to be treated.

Jalal give her a hand and help her out of the car as she mutter a thank you with smile, she wait until he pack the luggage's and they both walk to the front door, Jalal try the door but it's lock, he press the doorbell and after a while the door creak open revealing lailah with a smile on her face making both Afrah and jalal to look at each other before turning there gaze back to her.

"Ohh welcome back." Lailah say opening the door widely for them and jalal grab Afrahs hand as they walk inside the house.

Lailah turn her gaze and face the two as Afrah literally roll her eyes in boredom.

"What is it now Lailah?" Jalal ask with a tiring sigh.

"Can't i check how my niece is doing?
How are you feeling Afrah?" Lailah ask and Afrah just stare at her not wanting to deal with her atleast nor so soon.

"I'm fine.'Afrah say before turning to jalal with a sigh.

"I'm hungry." She say and jalal sigh.

"Okay.
Let me take you to your room and then come down to prepare something for you." Jalal suggest and Afrah shake her head.

"I will sit with you in the kitchen." She say and jalal glance at Lailah who's staring at them with her hands fold to her chest.

Jalal quietly grab Afrah by the hand and head to the kitchen, he grab one if the plastic chairs and quickly grab a pillow from her bedroom to wedge it to her back.

Lailah pace in her bedroom confuse,
She just hate them together if she can't have jalal then Afrah can't have him, at this point lailah doesn't mind hurting either of them to quench the pain jalal is inflicting in her, she exit the bedroom and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

"Uncle j can you help me with a case if water?" Afrah ask as jalal quickly hand her the water next to him by the stove, he drank it and drop the remnants.
Afrah collect it and open the cap to gulp down the water someone hit it from her hand making her to turn.

"You want to drink same water from my husband?" Lailah say giving Afrah a distasteful look making Afrah to release a heavy breathe and look up at her.

Jalal close the pot with a sigh and turn to face the two, they just got back and this is already happening.

"LA......

" it's fine uncle j."afrah cut him staring at her uncle.

"Aunt Lailah i respect you alot and I told you this wasn't a good idea you pressurize me into doing this and now you are putting all the blames on me?
I have tolerated you enough and I'm not going to just sit and watch you treat me the way you did, uncle j is my husband and that is not going to change, it's better if you get use to the fact that you bring this to yourself,
Stop blaming anyone for any of this." Afrah say and lailah slap her on the cheek.

"How dare you speak to me like this,
Jalal is my husband and he will be mine alone Afrah but if you choose this way then we shall see, who comes to this world first" ni lailah nafiki barikanchi afrah" I wish your mum is alive because I'm sure she knows what I'm capable of doing, I'm not a nice person Afrah and you."lailah say turning her gaze to jalal.

"Afrah right,
You will have her jalal but you can't do anything rather than stare at her the way you are doing right now," lailah say with a hiss and exit the kitchen.

"I will be right back." Jalal say and quickly exit the kitchen catching up with Lailah by the staircase.

"Lailah you are over reacting to all this." Jalal say grabbing lailah by the hand and she turn to face him.

"Over reacting?
Afrah speak to me that way and you think I'm over reacting?
I didn't blame her because if you did treat me with respect she wouldn't have the nerves to do all the shit she's doing. " lailah say and try removing her hand from jalal grip bit couldn't making her to sigh.

"What do you want jalal?" Lailah ask tiredly and jalal sigh..

"Just don't do anything to Afrah,
.let's live like a family." Jalal say and lailah States at him with a chuckle.

"No jalal,
We are not family atleast not until you make afrah your wife." Lailal say and jalal sigh.

"Look lailah.
I'm not divorcing Afrah but what is it that you want for peace to rain?" He ask and lailah fold her hands to her chest.

"Let Afrah respect me and i want her to apologize to me right now." Lailah say and jalal sigh.

"Fine she will do that." Jalal say and head to the kitchen.

"Afrah." Jalal say nervously and Afrah look up at him.

"What is it?"she ask she heard everything she's not deaf and there is no way in this planet she's apologizing to her aunt, she didn't do anything wrong.

" can you please just apologize to lailah because of me please. "Jalal say and Afrah snort.

" why?
Because she threaten me, I'm not scared if her threat and i don't believe there is a single thing she can do to me that the Almighty hasn't design it to be."Afrah say and jalal sigh, she has no idea what her aunt is capable of doing.

After endless pleading Afrah decide to apologize not because she want to but because of Jalal.

"I'm sorry." Afrah grumble and lailah glare at her without a word.

"Just for the record Afrah don't ever look at me as your aunt because I'm not, we are two different world apart now and forever." Lailah say and head upstairs making jalal to sigh in release.

"Why are you scared of her uncle j?" Afrah say and jalal shake his head.

"I'm not Afrah,
I just don't want anything to happen to you." He say as his mind wander back to several years ago, sure sometimes love make us do things that we shouldn't and now jalal knows he will just have to bare the consequence of his selfishness, we all have secrets and his wasn't something he is proud of.

Drop your comments and vote.