chapter 30

As the week pass by jalal has begin to notice the changes in his wife, she's become so distance and barely speak to him, she neither eat much nor go to the restaurant she's just detached herself it really bothers him , he ask a couple of time if there's something she want to speak to him about but she just calmly and respectful say she's fine,
Like any other day the two are having there breakfast afrah has left two days ago for a seminar they all went from there office jalal wanted to spend the few days happy with his wife but lailah seems pretty less interested in anything.

"Babe i was thinking maybe we will go to the cinema or.......jalal try saying but lailah sigh tiredly making him to keep quiet.

" I'm sorry j.
But i don't want to go anywhere, beside afrah is coming back today so I don't think it's fair if we leave the house empty. "Lailah say and jalal sigh scratching the back of his head.

" lailah.
I'm your husband for the love of God if something is bothering you tell me
I'm worried it's frustrating you.......

"Jalal.
Please i just want to be alone,
Is that big to ask from you?" Lailah say and jalal hold her hand that's on the table.

"I love you lailah and it really bothers me that you are distancing yourself from me.
If i wrong you just tell me please." Jalal say and lailah smile weakly at him.

"I'm fine jalal.
I will just go lay on in the bedroom." Lailah say and leave the dinning table.

Jalal watch as his wife walk up the stairs until she disappear out of sight making him to release a heavy breathe, he glance at her untouched food making him to sigh worried, her phone beep and he glance at the phone deliberating whether or not to check what's the message about he reach out and pick the phone.

"You can't keep ignoring me,
I'm sure you don't want your husband to find about this.

Jalal read the message over and over again as he stare at the private number.

" give me my phone."his wife voice say as she snatch the phone from him making him to look up at her.

"Who's that?
What are you hiding from me lailah?" Jalal ask, his wife ignore him and head upstairs to there bedroom.

Laying on the bed lailah cry, she's literally torn between two situation, this anonymous contact won't stop bombarding her with creepy text messages, it's as if someone is stalking her, she really want to tell her husband but she's scared that the stalker would harm his,
aside that she's been really down and went to the hospital which the doctor confirms she's indeed pregnant again,
All this sensitive information she haven't yet tell her husband yet the stalker knows everything about her even the pregnancy it's frustrating.

"Lailah." Her husband call making her to quickly wipe her tear and look up.

"Why are you crying?
Who's sending you all those messages
What's going on?" Jalal ask worriedly sitting on the bed next to his wife.

Lailah snuggle into his chest she miss her husband so badly but she just don't want to drag him into whatever that's going on, the stalker has already threaten her numerous time not to tell her husband or they will harm him, she's confuse wethere or not telling him will be the right thing,
if something happen to her husband because she can't keep her mouth shut she won't be able to forgive herself, with a lot of thoughts churning in her head lailah end up falling asleep in her husband arm.

"Lailah." Jalal call and he glance at her making him to sigh he drop her on the bed and stare worriedly at her.
His wife look extremely stressful he's definitely sure something is bothering her and he's going to figure that out, with afrah away he rule her out of suspect, with a heavy sigh he exit the bedroom to go check in his office, he's been home through out.

Rolling her suitcase out if the hotel room, afrah type on her phone with the other hand, apparently she told her aunt the company it's going for a seminar in Abia state but that's a big fat lie sure there's seminar but she isn't part of the people going, she just need to be away to execute her plan that way her uncle won't suspect she have anything to do with it, once outside the hotel, she spot the familiar man already waiting and she walk to him.

"Hey you are here already." Afrah say and the young mam smile at her.

"Sure.
So as you ask me to keep an eye on the house. Right now the husband is out i think it's the perfect time for this." He suggest and after deliberate but node.

"Yeah.
You are right.
Please make sure everything goes according to plan, I hate mistakes." Afrah warn and the man node.

The two go there separate ways, afrah enter her car and decide to head to work.

Laying on the bed with her eyes close yet awake lailah thought about what her husband said to her the previous day about afrah, they were indeed happy but ever since afrah walk through the door of there home everything changes, some creepy and unexplainable things keep happening, the door to there bedroom creak open and she open her eyes but immediately close them back,
From under her lashes she could see the unfamiliar man closing the door shut,he scam around the bedroom and his gaze land on her lailah feel her heartbeat palpitating, she watch as he walk to the other side of the bed, the bed dip next to her a sign he climb on making her to stand up abruptly.

"Who are you?" Lailah ask staring creepily at the man, she quickly grab the bedside lamp making him to laugh.

"Come on sweetheart we've been talking for some time now, it's me the unknown guy." He say with a raise brow and begin walking close to her.

"Stay away frme or I'm going to hit you with this." Lailah say pointing the bedside lamp at him making him to laugh.

He reach out to grab her and she ofcrse unexpectedly quickly smash the lamp on his head making him to crumble on the floor with blood rushing profusely from his head, the bedroom door open and jalal look between his wife and the man lifeless body laying in the floor.

"Honey." Lailah say and rush to her husband who hug her.

"Are you OK?
What happened?" Jalal ask confuse as he literally clutch his wife to his chest as if someone is going to snatch her away from him.

The two stare at the bleeding pulseless man on the floor of there bedroom, deliberating on what to do never did they know that this single scenario will be the start of there worst nightmare.

Drop your comments and vote please.

I smell problem and a lot of trouble.

I'm super excited for afrah to be back.