chapter 21

Sitted in her office lailah stare blankly at the wall,her marriage wasn't perfect but she was happy because her husband was always there to support her regardless but now everything seems changed, she doesn't even know what to be happy about, do she doesn't want to blame her niece for her marital problem but it's hard not every situation point to afrah, her mother in-law left weeks ago but it doesn't still change anything it's like her husband is avoiding her perhaps she's just paranoid about everything.

"Lailah." The familiar voice say knocking on the table making her to sit upright with a sigh.

"Are you alright ?" Her manager and bestfriend ask.

"Yeah I'm fine.
Have they picked up there order?" Lailah ask trying to smile but fail.

"Yeah.
What happened?
You've been awfully quiet and don't tell me is nothing." She say with a playfully glare and lailah sigh.

Jamila is her one and only friend she knows everything about her but she like keeping her marital problems to herself, the only persom she always feel comfortable talking to about her marriage is her sister which she can't talk to right now since in her own opinion afrah is the problem in her marrige, she sigh and stare blankly at her bestfriend she can always count on her and right now she need someone to talk to.

"Is it your mother in-law again?" Jamila ask worriedly and lailah shake her head.

"It's....... I don't know.
Maybe I'm just paranoid,
I think jalal and afrah are having an affair or something,
he's barely home this days do he gave afrah car to take herself to work but i still couldn't help but wonder why anytime she isn't at home he bring some excuse to leave,
maybe I'm just exaggerating things." Lailah say tiredly and jamila hold her hand.

"Come on lily,
You and jalal have been together for years, you have never for once complained of him this way,
Maybe you are right and wrong,
He might actually be caught up with some work and it can also be the other way round, but considering the fact your niece previous obsession towards him since her accident, I think you have to trust your instinct and maybe try to find out what exactly it is." Jamilah say staring at her bestfriend worried.

"Afrah is my niece i don't want to even think that my husband or a girl i see as a daughter can do something like that," lailah say and flick away the tears threatening to emerge from her eyes.
"I love my husband and afrah also means alot to me." Lailah say and jamilah node.

"I understand your point lily but you have to understand that " na miji ba Dan goyo bane" regardless
You should know by now that men don't have shame they will do the stupidest thing and still think it's normal and afrah is a young girl having a silly crush on your husband, so anything can happened. "Jamila say and lailah sigh.

" but what will i do,
I'm not even sure wether there's something going on between them maybe I'm just.."lailah try to find a word to complete her sentence but couldn't making her shoulder to drop in defeat.

"You can't give up on your marriage,
You have been together too long to do that,
love is a battlefield lily,
you will fight to keep your marriage, happily ever after isn't a day work you work hard for you to earn it, don't picture afrah as a niece if she's going to ruin your marriage,
you have to picture her as an obstacle, rival or villain someone who's trying to snatched someone and everything you've work hard for, I know what you've been through before you and jalal got marriage so don't let this girl ruin your marriage,
Regardless anything that will happened you have to know that jalal truly loves you so dont give up,
fight for him." Jamilah say staring at her bestfriend determinedly and lailah node.

She feels a lot more relax and hopeful,
Jamilah is right she have to win back her husband they have been together long for her to give up.

"Thank you meelah this really help." Lailah say with a smile and her bestfriend node.

"Anything for you the world bestfriend world." Jamilah say with a smile. The two dive into conversation mostly

***********

Waiting patiently by the road alley jalal look around with a sigh, he rummages through his pocket and fish out his phone he dial the contact and it rings again without answer making him to frustratedly hit the car with anger, he sigh and enter his car turning the ignition he release a heavy breathe just in time the familiar car emerges making him to hiss with a sigh,
he step out of the car and stand tapping his foot impatiently.

"I'm sorry my boss wouldn't let me go." Afrah say with a sigh and step out of the car with a smile.

"Nope.
Stop right there." Jalal say pushing afrah away from him making her to look at him confuse.

"What?" Afrah looking at her uncle confused.

"Look afrah i am married to your aunt, I thought maybe been nice to you and trying to make you realise you aren't crazy as everyone thought is the right thing but now you are passing your boundaries,
You have to understand that i can't cheat on your aunt, Lailah means a lot to me and the only reason i was trying to make you feel comfortable was because i thought maybe you just need someone to be close to so you could open up to but your intention it's weirdly different, whatever is it you dreamt of and you trying to bring it to reality to fulfill your fantasy it isn't going to work because the jalal in your dream isn't the one in reality so stop all this and fix your life." Jalal say sternly staring at afrah making her to look awkwardly at him.

"What are you saying.
You love me uncle j i can see it the way you stare at me, I'm far better than aunt lily, I'm young i can give you child which she can't." Afrah say making jalal to look surprisingly at her.

"Afrah i don't know what you think of me but i don't mind staying just me and my wife whenever is the right time we will be bless with kids,
I love you but I'm not in love with you if that makes any senses to you then fine but you can't destroy my marriage for your selfish reason." Jalal say with a snort and enter his car.

He feel stupid for ever trying to even be there for afrah, she's crazy if she thinks he do leave his wife, at first he thought he was just trying to be a good uncle but it's clear there intention it's different afrah is crazy and now he regret not letting the doctors transfer her to the psychiatric unit.

Yeah I know it's been long but sorry I will try.

Comments, vote and share.
Love you all.