chapter 53

Kitchen, a place where every woman love but Afrah despise because she do know how much she sucks in handling stuffs in there unfortunately jalal called her earlier in the morning to let her know she will be cooking dinner she did asked him what he do love to eat and he let her know he's been craving pounded yam and egusi soup, so here is Afrah in the kitchen watching and reading all the tutorials from the internet and YouTube as she mixed up her own egusi soup disastrous recipe.

She glance at the wall clock in the kitchen wall and its 6pm a sign both jalal and her aunt will be back home soon, she left work earlier than usual thanks to jalal way of words to her boss, Afrah begin arranging the food on the dinning table just in time the door open and her aunt comes in she has her phone to her ear, her handbag and her restaurant takeaway bag making Afrah to release a heavy breathe.

"Good evening aunt." Afrah greets and lailah end the call before turning her gaze to Afrah, she glance at the dinning table with a snort before entering the kitchen and drop the takeaway bag.

"Dinner is set." Afrah say to her aunt who walk pass her in the dinning table and Lailah turn her gaze to her.

"And what makes you think i will eat a food prepared by you?
How sure am i you didn't poison it beside afrah i know just how horrible that food will taste because you suck at cooking the only thing you seem perfect in doing is snitching and snatching other people husband.
Nonesence." Lailah say and head upstairs grumbling to herself about how ridiculous is jalal for marrying Afrah.

Hungry and excessive tiredness is the best way to describe how jalal is feeling, he didn't get the chance to stop by and pick up the takeaway breakfast this morning,
he isn't sure wether afrah had eaten but she told him she ate some chips, he had plenty of coffee today was a very busy day for him, he do hoped Afrah is done cooking because he's super ready to eat the egusi soup and pounded yam, he saunter into the house and the fantastic aroma makes him smile.

"Good evening uncle j." Afrah say from where she's standing by the kitchen door, jalal smile at her and drop his bag on the couch.

"It smell fantastic in here." He say as he walk to the kitchen door with the intention of hugging Afrah but stops when he sees Lailah in the kitchen..

"Hey Lailah." Jalal say with a wave and lailah look up at him then turn back to what she's doing making jalal to press his lips together in a tight grin.

"Shall we Afrah,
I am soo hungry i didn't eat a single thing today." He say and Afrah node.

"Aunt lailah food is ready." Afrah say and lailah look up with a sigh.

"You two should go ahead i will be there soon." She say as she grab one of the plate and turn the fried rice she brought from her restaurant.

Afrah clumsily walk back to the dinning table with a sigh, jalal give her a weak smile and shrug.

"She will come around." He say in a whisper and sit on one of the chair.

He watch as Afrah sigh and pick one of the plates, she put the good looking white molded pounded yam making jalal to smile as Lailah walk to the dinning table with her plate or fried rice with a giant looking Turkey lap.

"That look delicious lailah,
Why aren't you eating with us." Jalal ask and lailah turn her gaze to him.

"Firstly this look delicious and taste fantastic as it look
Again I'm not eating with you because i don't want to and I'm pretty much sure you won't like it either." Lailah say and jalal turn his gaze back to Afrah who drop the plate of egusi soup in his front, she hand him the bowl of warm water he wash his hand and pick the fork making Afrah to shrug.

Jalal eagerly cut a piece of the pounded yam and dip it into the soup with soo much excitement,
Afrah who's staring at her uncle with a rapidly beating heart as he take the fork to his mouth,
The tasteless egusi soup makes jalal expression change from excitement to exhaustion as he try his best and swallow it.

"Afrah did you taste this food at all?" Jalal ask and afrah node.

"Ofcrse,
Don't you like it?" Afrah ask, sure she didn't taste it she was scared that if she taste it then it will taste horrible putting all her hardwork in vain.

"I love it,
It's just that......uhmmm lailah is some of this rice remaining?" Jalal ask avoiding Afrahs gaze he's hungry he need to eat before he pass out of hunger.

"Sure,
Help yourself it's in the kitchen island." Lailah say and look up from her plate as jalal excuse himself to the kitchen.

"It's different thing to be a slut but another thing to be a good cook,
You think jalal will eat this tasteless thing just to please you, no afrah it doesn't work that way,
In jalals world food always come first and that's where you fail, because as the saying goes the way to a man heart is through his stomach, spread your leg for him as wide as you can i will always be his first priority because i am the best Cook and a man cannot survive without food." Lailah say with soo much tease in her voice that makes Afrah breakdown and run to her bedroom to cry.

Jalal comes back to the dinning table with the food the absence of afrah already tells him she's upset, he feel bad for her because he's sure she put soo much effort to cook that, he should have come earlier to guide her afrah is very terrible in cooking.

"Lailah can you atleast maybe when you are free guide Afrah in the kitchen?" Jalal ask and lailah look up from her food.

"What makes you think i will say yes,
Look jalal everything patterning afrah count me out of it because I'm not that goody aunt anymore I'm her rival and it will remain that way forever maybe until you change your mind and divorce her." Lailah say with a shrug and jalal keep quite not wanting to bring up the divorce topic any longer.

Drop your comments and vote.