chapter 62

"Aunt lailah did all this to you?
And you didn't bother to call and let me know Afrah?" Sadiq say baffle as he scan his sister back.

"Is she crazy or something?" He say as Afrah narrate what has been happening since after the wedding.

"This is serious,
Did uncle Jalal know you left?" He ask and Afrah hiss.

"Yes.
I told you already,
I wanted to call you since but you seem busy with your own life, I'm not going back, I should have listen to mum and let you work on my NYSC so  i can do my services over here all this wouldn't have happen." Afrah say and sadiw sigh slightly hugging his sister.

"It's going to be fine,
Look Afrah as a brother i understand what you are going through but do you seriously want to do this?
You said you love him." Sadiq say and Afrah sigh.

"I do but i cannot stay with them ya sadiq, my aunt and her estranged husband are alot more complicated than i thought, how am i sure there aren't any more secrets they are hiding,
How can i even stay in thesame house with this type of people,
Who can i trust?
My estranged aunt that ditch a baby and is accused of murdering her ex husband or my so-called husband and uncle who has kids old enough to be my age and a wife i don't know about?
I can't ya sadiq maybe aunt lailah is right he should just divorce me and let me move on with my life." Afrah say and sadiq sigh staring at his sister.

"Afrah.
Uncle j is a nice person and I'm sure he has an explanation to whatever it is he will definitely have some reason for keeping it away from you, if you love your husband you need to fight for your marriage." Sadiq say and Afrah sigh.

"How ya sadiq,
I can't i need some space, some time to think about all this." Afrah say and her brother node.

"I'm not asking you to go back,.take your time and think through everything, you should give him time to explain himself." Sadiq say and Afrah node breaking down making him to sigh as he slightly path her on the back.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this, I love you Afrah you are my only family now and it will hurt me a lot to see you in this devastating state,
Go inside and shower i will Cook something for you." He say and Afrah node.

Sadiq watch as his sister stand up and walk to her old bedroom making him to release a heavy breathe, he's sure his uncle has some explanation to do he love his aunt and all but he think Afrah is alot more better to be with him than she, as selfish as that my sound but it's exactly how he feel he sigh and decide to prepare something for her to eat.

*************

There's no amount of word to describe how heartbroken he feel, he know he should have told her about it but he was scared and insecure about everything, he did called Afrahs brother and he assure him afrah is home safe he try calling her but she isn't returning any of his calls, jalal knows he will have to go meet Afrah to explain himself he know this is going to be difficult but he cannot see himself with anyone other than Afrah, she's his life and he want to spend the rest of his life with her alone.

"Jalal." Lailah call entering the bedroom and he look up with a bored look on his face.

"What is it lailah.
Why are you even still in this house we are not going to be a couple again." He say and lailah chuckle.

"Why jalal, we used to be happy and everything was perfect what changes?" She say grabbing him by the hand and he swat her hand away.

"Lailah all this while i thought the mistakes and sacrifices i make years ago are worth it but I was wrong and everyone was right about you,
You will never change you are toxic and you destroy anything you grab,
Leave my house because there's no us anymore." Jalal say and grab a suitcase from the closet .

"What do you mean there is no us jalal.
Afrah left you because she find out you have kids and another wife i have been by your side regardless the circumstances and this is how you want to pay me back!" Lailal ye and jalal look up at her as he unzio the suitcase opening it wide open.

"Afrah left because she's hurt,
She left because she thought I don't trust her enough to tell her my secrets,
You stayed with me despite knowing I have kids was because you don't want to loose the restaurant,
Lailah I don't trust you.
First who's baby did you gave to me years ago?
What did you to your husband?
This two questions if you can answer them maybe i can trust you a bit." Jalal say and lailah stare at him wondering if it's the best thing to do, she love jalal but will he stay with her after she tells him the truth.

"The baby is mine,
I had an affair I got pregnant and my husband knows it wasn't his, she was sick and i just cannot take care of her that's why i ask you to throw her away." Lailah say and jalal give her a strange look.

"You cheated on your ex husband to,
You throw away your baby?
Lailah did you have a heart at all?
An innocent baby and you want God to blessed you with another kid after what you did to the first one?
How did you sleep at night knowing you throw your baby on the streets?" Jalal say still processing the information.

"I was scared jalal
I.....

" did you killed your husband? "Jalal ask the very question that has been disturbing him.

" I did jalal and I did all that because of you, had it been i didn't kill him we can't be together."Lailah say and jalal stare at Lailah.

"You did that for yourself Lailah,
What's wrong if you ask for a divorce?
Why?" Jalal say staring at the woman he used to love.

"Because he want to leave me for another woman, I have been with him for years and just because i made a mistake he wanted to take a second wife just like you did to me jalal,
You men are all thesame you find it difficult to forgive yet you want others to forgive him." Lailah say crying as fish out something from her handbag.

"What are you doing Lailah?" Jalal ask confuse as she try opening the cap of the small bottle.

"Doing the right thing,
You can't be with Afrah jalal,
I cannot let that happened you rather face thesame fate as he does because you all are thesame." She say and jalal step back from her.

"Lailah don't do that,
I care about you, I love you please drop the bottle." Jalal say stepping back as Lailah walk to his front he isn't sure what is it that is in that bottle but he know and believe it's deadly dangerous.

"You are lieing jalal,
You love my niece i brought her to this house and you marry her you betrayed me jalal." She say and jalal tripped on his shoes making him to fall as lailah quickly use that to her advantage and jump on him pouring the content into his mouth as he begin coughing profusely.

Drop your comments and vote

Kindly add up my other books to enjoy another mesmerizing love story

*Precluded (our love story)

*Chronicles of Abduljabbar

*Distasteful desires and

*Life after nikah:what happen after happily ever after