chapter 23

The uneasy tension between her husband and niece makes lailah torn between a very relentless situation, her husband is back to his usual charming self but her niece seems distant and avoiding her,
She love afrah she's like the daughter she never had, but her husband is very special to her.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" Jalal ask turning his gaze from the suitcase he's arranging there clothes for the vacation, he's been talking and his wife seems absentminded

"I'm fine." Lailah say with sigh as she smile weakly at her husband making him to sigh.

"You know you can tell me anything right?
If you don't want to go we can cancel everything." Jalal say dropping the clothe on the bed and sit next to his wife.

"I know J and i love you so much for always been there for me." Lailah say and jalal smile.

"I love you to.
But you have to tell me whatever it is that it's bothering you this days." Jalal say and lailah release a heavy breathe and entwined her hand with her husband.

"J.
I understand that afrah has issues previously but i am not happy with how things is between the two of you,
You both are an essential part of my life." Lailah say sighing and her husband smile weakly at his oblivious wife she is too gullible to know the intention of her psycho niece.

"What do you mean babe.
Afrah and i are fine i just don't want to invade too much in her privacy,
She needs some space so she will learn not to be dependent." Jalal say and lailah sigh.

"I understand but you two use to be all lively but now you both look soo bored with each other, I know i hurt afrah by suspecting she will cheat on me by sneaking around with you,
When in reality you are just trying to be there for her, looking back in time now i realise how stupid that sound,
I should have trusted the both of you,
I'm sorry for not trusting you." Lailah say, jalal release a heavy breathe and hug his wife to his chest.

Lailah is his everything but he can't really open up to her about her niece stupid idea of been in love with me it will just break her apart he will just find a permanent solution to get rid of afrah that way she will stay away from both him and his wife.

"We should make dinner together." Jalal suggests and his wife smile at him.

"You are a very good husband j.
I'm sorry to even doubt your intention you were just trying to be nice to my family and i was just full with jealous to see and understand your positive intention." Lailah say and jalal smile.

"Let's just drop that topic and talk about what you want to eat for dinner." Jalal say changing the conversation he rather spend time talking about food with his wife than listening to her obliviously praising him for been nice to afrah.

"What about Chinese noodles with garlic and curry sauce?" Lailah suggests and jalal squint his eyes then node.

"Perfect.
Now let the famous chef take in charge of this one." Jalal say with a bow as they exit the bedroom arguing about who knows how to cook best.

Pacing in her bedroom afrah sigh,
She's been thinking night and day on how to completely ruin the vacation without arising any suspicious on her,
They are leaving tomorrow evening she have at least 24hours to do something, she sit on her bed tapping her foot on the floor as she close her eyes trying to picture a more simple yet unsuspicious way she will do that.
Her eyes open and a mischievous smirk twitch on her lips.

"Yes." Afrah say to herself with a triumph smile as she stand up and exit the bedroom.

Like expected the two lovebirds are in the kitchen, jalal wearing the apron and his wife standing next to the stove smiling with soo much happiness as she stare at her husband,
Afrah feel her blood boiling that is suppose to be her,
She suppose to be the one standing next to him by the stove she closes her eyes and mutter calm down and then take a deep breathe, she clear her throat making her presence to be known making her aunt to look up but jalal focuses on the food he's preparing.

"Afrah.
You are home?
I thought you went out or something.
How are you?" Lailah ask with a smile.

Afrah walk to the kitchen door and stand her eyes with soo much innocence that can make even the most hardened Man soften but knowing the psychopathic girl behind the mask of fake emotions jalal know better than to trust his wife niece.

"Come in afrah," lailah say with a smile as gesture for her niece to come in.

"I went to your bedroom to check on you and no one answer the door so i thought i will find you here." Afrah say and her aunt smile at her but the smile waver into worry as she sees the look OK her niece face.

"I just want to apologize for everything,
I don't know my action will threatened your marriage but uncle jalal was the only one that seems to pay more attention to me since i recover from the hospital and i will never try to ruin your relationship with your husband, he's just like my father,
Dad died when i was young and I don't get to experience that bond with him but uncle jalal treated me like his own daughter and that just makes me want to spend more time with him,
I'm sorry if my action caused any damage to your marriage." Afrah say with a sniff as she wipe away her tears with the back of her hand.

"I'm sorry for ever think so morally low of you, I should have trusted you to know my sister raised you better,
I will always trust you." Lailah say and hug her niece she feel the heavy weight of guilt for misjudging her niece and husband relationship.

"Jalal." Lailah call and her husband turn from what he's doing.

"Can afrah come with us to Greece i know it's short notice but I'm sure there's a way you.......

" no aunty you don't have to do that,
I have work and i think you both need some alon time after the emotional damaged i caused to you. "Afrah say staring at her uncle he could see the smirk creeping on her lips.

"Are you sure afrah,
Jalal can talk to your boss so you can take some time off." Lailah say and afrah sigh.

"She's alright honey.
I think afrah make the right decision by choosing to stay she knows very well to give us some alone time after what happen." Jalal say keeping a straight face.

"What time is your flight?
I was thinking you and will spend some girls time before you leave" Afrah ask and jalal shoot her a suspicious look.

"1pm." He lied and his wife look confuse at him.

"I thought you said it's 6pm." Lailah say confuse and jalal shrug.

"It's been rescheduled or something,
I don't think you two will have time for that because tomorrow is your doctor appointment." Jalal say and his wife sigh.

"I'm sorry afrah maybe when i get back we will hangout more." Lailah say.

"It's nothing i will be fine,
i hope you two make it to Greece."afrah say with a smile that if look deep you can see the smirk.

The three spend the evening in the kitchen mostly afrah and lailah doing the talking as jalal regret ever allowing afrah to even stay in there house.

Drop your comments and vote.

What is afrah up to?
Will jalal and lailah make it to Greece?

Check out my new books.
Chronicles of Abduljabbar and Tale of farhana