chapter 34

Jalal

Halting my car in the garage i glance at my wife cars all in the garage a sign she didn't go to her restaurant today making me to release a heavy breathe,

"Welcome back sir."the security guy greet and i slightly wave at him not  sparing him a glance.

As i walk to front door i remove my ringing phone from my pocket, the doctors name appear on it and i quickly swipe to answer it and place the phone to my ear.

" yes doctor? "I say standing with my hand on the door handle.

" OK,
So i spoke with Dr Ugo and he said he's going to be back in two weeks time, I explain to him your situation as you did to me earlier and he said to tell you to take Care of her and do as i told you earlier so she won't escalate to been malicious and violence and he will check on you immediately he comes back to town."the doctor explain and I release a heavy breathe that's a long time but he's one of the best so the wait it's worth it do.

"OK thank you very much doctor." I say and end the call with a sigh, I push the door open and the incoherent noises coming from the kitchen make me quickly close the door.

"Just die Afrah,
Nonsence stupid useless inconsiderate bitch." An unfamiliar voice say coming from the kitchen making me to rush there.

"What's going in here?" I say and walk pass lailah who's standing by the kitchen door watching the horrific act going on.

"Stop!
Stop it sadiq, do you want to kill your sister?" I yell and snatch the cooking turner from his hand.
He frustratedly hit his head and dash out of the kitchen talking to himself.

"Lailah,
You watch this happen?" I say with a tiring sigh and kneel next to afrah who's already passed out do to the brutality of the beating.

I carry her to the parlour and lay her on the couch, i pick my phone and dial the doctor contact to send a nurse  to my house so they can check on afrah,she's breathing but she's extremely numb.

"Why will you do that lailah,
I told you to do as i say that's the only way out, look what you make your nephew did to his sister, is this right?" I yell at my wife because this is so selfish and stupid in my opinion.

"Why do you suddenly care about Afrah?
Because she's going to be your wife?
Have you been sneaking and eyeing her since because she's young and perfect for you."my wife say and i shake my head with a tiring sigh.

" what are you saying lailah,
Ofcrse i love only you but you making sadiq beating afrah this brutal won't solve our problems rather make it critically worst,
I'm just coming from the hospital and the doctor assure me afrah need some help, he explain to me that it was the reason he wanted her to be refer to a psychiatrist earlier but we refused and it all escalated into this,
Afrah need us to be here for her before the doctor is back and everything will be OK. "I say and my wife snort.

" I'm not an idiot jalal,
So suddenly afrah is now your lovely pet or something, come on this girl try to  ruine our marriage she try to poisoned me ,
Afrah try to kill me."my wife yell and I sigh.

"Believe me lailah i also hate afrah for what she did but we need to get her treated that's the only solution, because even if we send her away it won't change anything she will do everything she can to make sure we don't be together, come on lailah you care about your niece don't be like this, it's unlike you." I say and lailah shake her head and head upstairs.

The doorbell rings and i open it for the nurse who's standing smiling as if something funny is happening.

"There she is please do take care of her i will be right back." I say and exit the house.

I spot sadiq in the garage sitting alone staring at the sky.

"Hey ." I say walking towards him and he look up with a sigh.

"Look i don't mean to hurt my sister that much, it was just too much to handle there are alot going on in my life and seeing my aunty this broken it just trigger all the emotions in me." He say with a sigh and i sit on one of the plastic chair next to him.

"I understand your anger sadiq,
Afrah need help i just got back from the hospital." I say and explain to him what the doctor say to me making him to sigh.

"I'm sorry about all she's done to you and my aunt i don't even know how to start apologizing." He say and i pat him by the shoulder.

"It's going to be fine.
We are family now." I say with a smile and he look up at me with a weak smile.

"Thank you for keeping up with my crazy sister." He say and node.

"She's a wonderful gilr just slightly crazy indeed." I say and he chuckle.

We talk for a while and he tell me about his messed up love life and how his marriage proposal was rejected by the girls family's and alot more challenges going on in his life.

"You know if you ever need someone to talk to or any advice you can count on me right?" I say and he node.

"I know
you are a wonderful man and thank you for everything." He say and we both head back to house talking mostly about afrah mental health and how to tackle it.

Issa double update,
Keep the comments coming and get plenty of updates.

I love you all.

Check out my other book.
"Distasteful desires" thank you.