chapter 67

It is a late thursday evening Afrah stop by a kios and purchase a lollipop in the estate she's seven months pregnant now and she no longer take jalal to a very long walk, she's beginning to loose all hope of jalal ever doing things on his own,all her effort she and her brother seems to be a waste all they can do now is pray, salim do come over sometimes to take care of jalal with him back Afrah ask her brother to let him run his dad business, with a heavy sigh she stop by the gate and decide to rest before going inside.

Jalal stare at his heavily pregnant wife if he can speak he could have tell her not to worry about him going out, he could have help her with alot of things, sometimes he could hear her crying in the night praying for him to be heal, he look up and a familiar man walk towards them if jalal can speak right now he do tell Afrah to run inside but all he can do is watch.

"Salamu'alaikum." The man say gaining Afrahs attention and she look up, she give him a quiet long look before she answer his salam.

"Your husband right?" He ask and afrah node staring at the strange creepy stranger.

"We used to be friends." He say and Afrah just node all she do is stare she cannot find a single word to say to the man, there's just something odd about him that doesn't seems right.

"Here take this have it rub on his body and give him some to drink,
She told me the cure is in the poison." He say giving Afrah the small bottle and she reach out to collect.

She stare at the bottle confuse not knowing what exactly to say she look up but the man is gone it's as if he was never there.

"That's creepy and odd right uncle j."afrah say if jalal can speak now he could tell Afrah to throw the bottle away because the man she saw is indeed lailah's ex husband who happened to be death he's not the one to believe in paranormal but he's sure that's him there's an old believe that when people are forcely killed sometimes there soul wander around until they die of natural cause, jalal stare at the bottle in Afrahs hand it's exact bottle that Lailah forcefully gag the content into his mouth he hoped Afrah shouldn't listen to the man.

Wheeling jalal inside the house Afrah head to the guest bedroom downstairs which she and jalal now use she find it less stressful since she don't have to deal with the stairs while taking him out.

" Sarah."Afrah call the old lady who quickly rush to the bedroom.

"Yes ma'am." She answer and Afrah sigh handing her the bottle.

"Do you know what this is?" She ask with a sigh and the woman stare at the bottle with a shrug.

"No ma'am is anything the problem." She ask handing the bottle back to Afrah.

"A man gave to me outside that he's my husband friend and i should use it on him he will be heal, he just seem a little weird and creepy." Afrah say dropping the bottle next to bedside.

"Maybe you should try it,
you never can tell what might work." Sarah suggest and Afrah node.

"Thank you Sarah,
Get me a glass of water and one for my husband." She say turning her gaze to jalal who's still sitting on his wheel chair.

"Uncle j,
I think we should try this maybe it will help." Afrah say picking the bottle staring at it confuse.

All jalal can do is stare and hope Afrah doesn't make a mistake of using a substance given to her by a dead man,
Sarah return with two glass of water and help Afrah put jalal on the bed, she give him the glass of water and decide to pray her maghrib prayer .

All the while all jalal can do is stare at the bottle that changes his entire life, he cry jalal cry not because he's afraid of death but because he will leave afrah all alone by herself in this painful world full with lies and betrayal.

"Uncle j." Afrah say after she finish her prayers.

"I will try this on you,
I hope it work." She say and grab the tea spoon from the kitchen before returning to the bedroom.

Jalal watch as she turn the liquid into the teaspoon and shove it into his mouth down his throat, she remove his trouser and leave his underwear on and begin massaging the liquid on his legs, jalal just watch all he have to do now is wait for him to die because he believe there's no way he will ever be heal rather his condition will escalate from worst to critically worst.

************
Next morning

Jalal wake up alot more earlier than usual and he is surprise to find himself awake the most intriguing part is he yawn , he open his mouth and shut it close again, he repeat it for as long as he can just to be sure, his eyes dart to the bedside and the bottle isn't there, he stare at his hand trying to move them and his fingers did move he coil some of his toes and after a very long time he smile "she told me the cure is in the poison" could he be saying the truth that means lailah forcefully denied him the privilege to live, he turn his gaze to Afrah who's peacefully sleeping and he say her name.

"A...AF.. Rah." It's almost like a whisper.

"Af...rah." Jalal call again and she turn in her sleep releasing a heavy breathe making him to smile.

Jalal can't believe he's speaking it all feel like an odd unrealistic dream to him.

"Afrah." He say and he can see how instantly her eyes flutter open as she switch on the bedside lamp looking around the bedroom almost as if searching something.

"Uncle j." Afrah say glancing at him as she look around making him to smile and Afrahs eyes go wide.

"You are smiling uncle j,
You are smiling." She say touching his face smiling like an insane pregnant lady.

"Afrah." Jalal call staring at her and Afrah literally freeze staring at jalal, the emotions is soo overwhelming that all she can do is breakdown.

Jalal stare at Afrah, the only single person that matters in his life is her,
Afrah is the one, the only person that genuinely care about him and would sacrifice everything to be with him, she's the only person that was there when everyone else leave.

"Afrah." Jalal call he want to say soo many things but the only word he could find and make is Afrah.

"Uncle j." Afrah say smiling and hug him as she grab his hand and she feel his fingers coiling into hers entwining them together.

It was a beautiful Friday morning that will change there imperfect life and bring a lot of positive changes into there life.

Drop your comments and vote.
Add up my other book
Precluded (our love story)