chapter 29

Clad impeccably in her NYSC uniform Afrah walk down the stairs with a smile, she seems really happy and excited about something, jalal creepily stare at her from where he's sitting on the dinning table, Afrah soo happy is something to worry about because it means she's up to something sinester, for the past two days since his wife got back jalal have keep a close eyes on his wife and Afrah,
He doesn't pay much attention to Afrah so she wouldn't suspect him but he's watching nonetheless,
Jalal attempted to tell his wife about the poisoned but couldn't his wife seems really happy with afrah and he's afraid that will just make things complicated or worst his wife will be upset with him.

"Honey afrah baked some cake yesterday night, do you want some?" Lailah ask from the kitchen making jalal to stand up abruptly from the dinning table and rush to the kitchen.

"Don't eat that." Jalal say and hit his wife hand that she's about eating the cake, he drag her hands and wash them in the sink as Lailah weirdly stare at him.

"What is wrong with you?
Why will you do that?" Lailah say looking at her husband as she glance at afrah who look offended by what jalal did.

"She...
She poisoned the cake." Jalal say frustratedly as he scratch his hair in annoyance.

"Why will i do that?" Afrah say as she stare at her aunt with one of the most emotional face.

"Jalal what is wrong with you?
Is there something I'm missing?
The other day you stopped me from eating the noodles she cooked for me today you make me throw the cake,
What is the problem?" Lailah ask looking between her husband and niece.

"Lailah.
Afrah poisoned those pancakes the other day, she doesn't like you she wants you death, believe me." Jalal say as he explain to his wife about the previous pancake issue.

"Why are you accusing me of such horrible thing?" Afrah say wiping her tears.
Why will i want to kill my aunt she's my only family, I know we had issues previously but uncle j i thought we have past that phase,
Why will i poisoned my aunt?
If you think i poisoned those pancakes then you are wrong because i did not,
And for this cake. "Afrah say and pick the cake jalal throw from the tiles floor and eat it.

"If you think i will ever hurt my aunt you are wrong ,
If you don't want me in your house i can leave ,
Aunty lailah i really don't want to be the reason to ruin your marriage,
Maybe i should just go back and stay with my brother." Afrah say with a sniff as she uses the back of her hand and wipe her tears.

Jalal stare at afrah he isn't surprise by her faking all this emotions because he believe she's willing to do anything and go to every length to separate him from his wife.

"No Afrah,
Please don't say that,
I love you and I'm going to take care old you, I promised sadiq i will take care of you ,I'm sorry for how jalal reacted he's just been insecure." Lailah say and hug afrah who's still crying, Afrah smile at her uncle with a wink before breaking the hug with her aunt.

"I will head to work.
I'm sorry if i ever offended you one way or the other uncle j.
I just want a fatherly love." Afrah say with a sniff as she glance between her uncle and aunt before leaving the kitchen and exit the parlour satisfy by what she just did.

Lailah turn back to the stove and continue cooking, she doesn't understand why her husband don't want her niece to live with them, she's really upset with him and if she speak right now whatever will come out from her mouth isn't going to be nice.

"Lailah I'm sorry,
But you have to believe me Afrah did poisoned those pancakes,
she's crazy, she need psychological attention." Jalal say with a sigh.

"I know you will find it difficult to believe me but Afrah seems to be obsessed with me or something,
She wants to kill you so me and her can be together,
You have to.........

" Jalal please.
I don't want to talk with you right now, I don't now why you are doing all this,
Just because Afrah has some stupid dreams about you doesn't me she will make it real,
I love my niece and if you don't want her to stay here tell me so i can also leave your house."lailah say and continue doing her business.

"Lailah we've been happy until your niece walk into our life,
I care about afrah but you are my life and it will be a cold day to me if something happen to you because of me." Jalal say and lailah sigh.

"Nothing is ever going to happen to us,
I love you jalal and we will be together forever you just have to believe me and forget about afrah she isn't going to do anything to hurt me,
She care about me.....about us." Lailah say staring at her husband making him to sigh.

Jalal stare at his wife, she's clearly oblivious on what her niece is capable of, jalal knows there's no amount of explanation will make his wife to believe him all he have to do is protect her from Afrah.

"Come here." Jalal say and collect the spatula from his wife and drop it aside before hugging her.
"I love you." He say with a smile,
There's no better place than in the arm of his wife he love lailah, she was his dream girl and he will do anything to protect her.

"Aren't you going to work today?" Lailah ask breaking the hug.

"I want to spend this week at home alone with my wife, showering her with plenty of love and attention." Jalal say smiling as Lailah turn back to cooking smiling.

"Such a true gentleman,
Remind me how i become so lucky to have you." Lailah say and jalal chuckle as he remove one of the apron's from the hook.

"Let the tacos master show you how this is done." Jalal say and put on the apron making lailah to laugh.

"OK.
This means war because I'm gonna nail this because my restaurant make the best Taco's in the whole town." Lailah say with a smile.

The two spend the day in the kitchen,
Cooking all kind of dishes to prove who's best in the kitchen, yet despite that happy moment jalal fear that Afrah will want to snatch the only person that light up his world.

Drop your comments and votes.