Year 2: 18

[Madam Pomfrey bars the door, frowns at Harry and Ron.]

Madam Pomfrey: There's no point in talking to a petrified person. She won't hear a word you're saying.

"Just let them see her." Julianne sighed.

[Ron shifts uncomfortably.]

Ron: We know that, Madam Pomfrey. It's just, well, you see, we thought, maybe, we could... be with her for a bit. She's our... friend, you see, and... even if she can't hear us... I mean, it can't hurt, can it?

[A glint of sympathy flickers in Pomfrey's eyes.]

Madam Pomfrey: Very well then. But be quick about it. By the way, your friend, Miss Clarke, is she alright?

Harry: I.. think so. Why?

Madam Pomfrey: She stopped by yesterday to visit Miss Granger. And asked for some medication for headache. That girl looked oddly pale, yet refuse any check up. [She shook her head.] Stubborn girl.

"That's my middle name." Aurora chuckled.

"Yeah-- that didn't cover the fact you were sick." Julianne said sternly.

"It didn't?" Aurora chuckled awkwardly.

"That's Julianne Potter, the hawk of a woman." Sirius mumbled to Aurora.

"I heard that." Julianne glared.

Sirius gave Aurora an I-told-you-so look.

[Ron and Harry share a confused look.]

Harry: We'll check on her, Madam Pomfrey.

[As Madam Pomfrey exits, the boys step to her bed. Absently, Ron picks up the circular mirror that lies on the nightstand. Eyes Lockhart's Get Well card.]

Harry: Why didn't she tell us?

Ron: About what?

Harry: About what's going on with her.

Ron: When has she ever? She likes to keep things to herself.

"No I don't." Aurora protested.

All her friends and family gave her a look.

"Or may be a little." She coughed.

Harry: [Sighs.] Yeah. Right.

Ron: You don't think Lockhart could be the heir of Slytherin, do you? [off Harry's look] Right. Forget I said it.

"You feeling okay, son?" James gave Ron a look.

[Harry studies Hermione's face.]

Harry: Wish you were here, Hermione. We need you. Now more than ever...

"Sorry guys, I was too busy lying petrified." Hermione rolled her eyes.

[Harry holds Hermione's hand and cardes it. Just then he feels something in Hermione's grip. Harry slowly takes out a crumbled paper out of her grip.]

"What the heck is that?" James asked.

"Don't tell me she was petrified while reading a book." Sirius groaned.

"More like, after reading a book." Hermione added.

"More like, because you read the book." Aurora sighed as she mumbled.