Year 3: 17

[In the HOSPITAL WING... out of HERMIONE'S SHADOW, which ripples against the curtain that encircles Harry's
bed. A HAND reaches out -- Harry's hand -- and sweepsthe CURTAIN ASIDE. Ron lies opposite, his leg BANDAGED. Other side, Aurora lays staring at the ceiling, her wrist bandaged. Hermione paces. Stops.]

"Sorry about the leg." Sirius said sheepishly.

"What happened to your wrist?" Julianne asked worriedly. "Wait is it because him" She nodded toward William.

"Maybe." Aurora said meekly.

Julianne sighed at her daughter and gave a stern look at William.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Black! I didn't mean to" William blurted out as soon as Julianne looked at him.

"Well son, I too am mad at you but dear Merlin have mercy on him, cause July won't." Sirius said as his wife glared terrifyingly at the boy.

"One more time and you'd be hanging from the ceiling, William." Julianne said.

"Yes, ma'am." William said quickly.

"Damn mom. It's been years and he's still not scared of me that much." Aurora chuckled earning a pout from William.

Hermione: Harry --

Harry: I saw my dad.

"You saw what?" James asked, confused.

Hermione: What...?

Harry: He sent the Dementors away... I
saw him. Across the lake...

"Lily, do you remember something like that?" He asked to which his wife said no. "I remember the Triwizard thing but not this."

"What Triwizard thing?" Julianne asked.

[Hermione exchanges a private glance with Ron and Aurora, turns back.]

Hermione: Listen, Harry. They've captured Sirius. Any minute the Dementors are going to perform the Kiss.

"Still don't know why it's called a kiss." Sirius scoffed. "Kisses are suppose to be warm. That one's cold as hell."

"Well, to some people kisses are wet." Said Aurora.

"What?" Her parents looked at her baffled.

"Okay, that one does need a little context." Aurora chuckled sheepishly.

Harry: The Kiss...?

Aurora: [Speaks up for the first time.] Dementor's kiss.

Hermione: [with a sympathetic look at Aurora.] It's what Dementors do to those
they want to destroy. They clamp their jaws over the victim's mouth and... suck out his soul.

Harry: You mean, they're going to kill Sirius?

Hermione: No. It's worse. Much worse. You go on living. But you have no memory. No sense of self. You're just a shall. An empty shell...

Aurora: It's better if they'd just kill him.

"As a person who had faced both, I'd choose death in a heartbeat." Said Sirius.

[As Harry reacts, the door opens and Dumbledore enters.]

Hermione:  Headmaster! You've got to stop them! They've got the wrong man!