Year 3: 12

"It's all right! I'm back! I'm all right."

Free hugs to anyone who guess the quote.

But seriously my favorite people... I'M BACK!

On with the chapter.

[At HOGWARTS CASTLE, Butterflies flutter over the great green lawn. The GIANT SQUID breaks through the last GLAZE of ICE on the Black Lake. The Whomping Willow shakes the water from its branches...]

[In ASTRONOMY ROOM, The DYING SUN streams through high windows, painting Harry's face a fierce AMBER-RED as he stands opposite Lupin. ANCIENT CHARTS drape the walls while gleaming SPHERES OF SPUN GLASS ORBIT one another silently. Lupin paces before a LARGE TRUNK.]

Professor Lupin: You're sure about this, Harry? This is very advanced magic. Well beyond Ordinary Wizarding Level.

"Oh!! Now this should be fun." James leaned forward in his seat.

Harry: If Black can fight the Dementors, I need to know how too.

"Fun you say?" Julianne turned to her brother. "You'd see fun when dementors surround you."

[Lupin studies Harry -- as if conflicted -- then decides.]

Professor Lupin: Very well. The spell I'm going to teach you is called the Patronus Charm. Ever hear of it?

"Wait, so you actually learned the Patronus charm in third year?" Pansy butted in.

"Oh no, Parkinson. Harry learned the tickling charm so he could tickle the Dementors to their death." Aurora rolled her eyes.

[Harry shakes his head.]

Professor Lupin: A Patronus is a kind of positive force. For the wizard who can conjure one, the Patronus works something like a shield. The Dementor feeds on it instead of him.

[Just then, the trunk RATTLES VIOLENTLY. As Harry's eyes wander, Lupin SNAPS his fingers, brings his attention back.]

Professor Lupin: But in order for it to work, you must think of a memory. And not just any. This memory needs to be a very happy one. And powerful.

[Harry thinks a bit. Then... nods.]

Professor Lupin: Got something? Good. Let it fill you up. Lose yourself in it. Then speak the incantation: Expecto Patronum. Without your wand...

Harry: Expecto Patronum...

Professor Lupin: Right then. Shall we?

[Harry nods, raises his wand. Lupin, watching closely, reaches over, grips the lid of the TRUNK...]

Professor Lupin: Concentrate, Harry. Concentrate...

"Have to say Remmy, you are a terrific teacher." Lily said.

"Of course I am." Remus grinned. "How else would these two goons pass the exams."

"I don't know. Cheating? probably." Julianne shrugged.

"Ouch, love." Sirius pouted. 

"You take that back, you little imp." James being the dramatic brother he was, gasped. "Mom! your little angel is falsely accusing me."

"Jamesie, I think you are referring to someone else." Julianne snorted. "Mom and dad never called me angel. If anything they'd call me a little devil."