Year 2: 20

Harry: Tom... Tom Riddle? What d'you mean, she won't wake? She's
not...

Tom Riddle: She's still alive. But only just.

"No.No.No." Julianne chanted.

"Calm down, love. Jelly bean is fine. She's here." Sirius tried to calm Julianne, even tho he was crying inside.

"I know she's fine, Sirius." Julianne snapped. "But she's in pain. Look at her. My baby's dying. I'm her mother, Sirius. I can't watch this." She sobbed.

"You think I don't feel it. I'm her father, July. Just hold on strong, for her." Sirius planted a warm kiss on Julianne's forehead.

Harry: Are you a ghost?

Tom Riddle: A memory. Preserved in a diary for fifty years.

"Oh, Merlin!" Regulus looked worried. He knew what exactly that was.

[Harry looks to the diary in Aurora's hand, then places his own hand on Aurora's arm.]

Harry: She's cold as ice. You've got to help me, Tom. There's a basilisk --

"Please take her out of there, Harry." Julianne pleaded.

Tom Riddle: It won't come until it's called.

"W-what?" Seamus asked, confused.

[Harry looks up, sees Riddle twirling a wand in his fingers.]

"What's he doing with your wand?" Dean asked Harry.

Harry: Give me my wand, Tom.

Tom Riddle: You won't be needing it.

Harry: Listen, we've got to go! We've got to save her!

"Yes, please." It was Remus.

Tom Riddle: I'm afraid I can't do that, Harry. You see, as poor Aurora grows weaker... I grow stronger. I have to say she is a very strong person. Which makes me even more strong.

"What?"

"My poor baby."

"Let her go you monster!"

Harry: But she's dying!

"I just can't watch this. Don't come after me." Aurora stood up and ran out of the great hall, trying to hold herself together.

Tom Riddle: Yes. I'm afraid so. But then, she's been in so much pain, poor Aurora. She's been writing to me for months, telling me about all her painful memories. How her pathetic muggle parents and society shunned her for being different, being unique.

"W-what? What did they do to my baby?" Sirius stuttered.

Tom Riddle: Aurora poured her soul out to me. I grew stronger on a diet of her deepest fears, her darkest secrets. I gained her trust with a few of my memories. She realised how similar our childhoods were. As I gained her trust, I grew powerful enough to start feeding Aurora a few secrets, to start pouring a bit of my soul back into her...

The great hall was dead silent.

[Riddle, growing less vaporous by the second, grins cruelly.]

Tom Riddle: Yes, Harry, it was Aurora Clarke who opened the Chamber of Secrets.

Everyone gasped.