Year 3: 02

[At Clarke residence, Mr and Mrs Clarke and Aurora at the dinner table. Aurora plays with her food as her parents eat.]

"Something is definitely wrong." Said Ron. "Or you'd never be like that when the food's present."

Mr Clarke: [To Mrs Clarke] Smith's are selling their shares.

Mrs Clarke: Are you going to buy it?

Mr Clarke: Well, yes. Stocks are low these days. Better buy low and sell high.

Mrs Clarke: That's great news, isn't it Aurora.

"Ooh!! What an interesting conversation. Don't bother about the child who looks like shit." Ginny said.

"Gee, thanks." Aurora said sarcastically.

[Aurora stays silent.]

Mrs Clarke: Aurora! Are you listening?

[Aurora is still silent.]

Mr Clarke: [Raises his voice.] Aurora, you are not to ignore your mother.

"And you're not to ignore the child." Astoria shot back.

Aurora: [Dismissively] I am aware.

Mr Clarke: And?

Aurora: [Turns to Mr Clarke and looks at him dead in the eye.] AND, I don't see my mother here.

"Ah-- tea?" Said Emilia.

"Yeah, tea!" Aurora said in a mock enthusiasm.

[Mr and Mrs Clarke gaps at Aurora. Mr Clarke's face twists with anger.]

Mr Clarke: What did you say?

Aurora: I said, "I don't see my mother here." In fact, I don't see my father here either.

Mr Clarke: You little brat! Is that how you talk to your parents?

Julianne and Sirius glared at the Clarke couple.

Aurora: As I said, I still don't see my parents. What I see is a couple who made my childhood a living hell, talking about stupid stocks. Don't tell me I'm wrong, you are not my parents.

Mrs Clarke: [Hisses] What are you talking about, Aurora. Of cause, we are your parents. 

Aurora: [Yells] No you are not!

Mr Clarke: Enough! Enough with this nonsense.

Aurora: Nonsense? Explain this then. [Takes out the letter she read the day before]

"And what exactly is that?" Asked Seamus.

"Will you be quiet?" Ginny hissed.

Mrs Clarke: W--what is that?

Aurora: You know what this is. [Both adults say silent.] This is a letter from my real mother to me. The one you were supposed to give me, remember? [She mocks.]

The hall was on edge of their seats.

Mrs Clarke: Aurora, you don't understand.

Aurora: [Angrily] I don't understand? Do enlighten me, then.

"She's about to explode." Neville said knowing the girl all too well.