12. Kissing scene

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow last night. We didn't do the kissing scene, because we never got around to it. I was needed for a reshoot of a whole other scene and Tom had to do some scenes as well. We will be doing them today instead. I feel a lot better now, and of course I'm nervous, but it's nothing like yesterday. At all.

Later today, Haley and I are going to start moving some of our stuff into Ella's apartment. Or our apartment now. I'm really looking forward to it, because my tiny apartment is starting to make me slightly claustrophobic.

Once I get to set, the directors send me to get changed. I will be wearing the same lingerie as yesterday, with a coat over. My character is supposed to be going out directly after the scene we shot yesterday, looking for James (Tom). I open the door to the dressing room to look directly up at... a half naked Tom...

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I exclaim. Forcing myself to tear my eyes from his beautiful abs, I turn around.

"Y/n. It's okay..." Tom laughs. "You can come in."

"Okay..." I slowly turn to him again, stepping in and closing the door.

He is only in his boxers with a pair of pants in his hands. Which he now pulls on. My eyes are fixed on his body, and I feel my pulse increasing.

"It's nothing you haven't seen before, right?" He smiles softly.

My cheeks are burning. "I didn't know you were in here..."

"I'm just joking..."

I smile as I lean on the table across from him. "Glad you weren't completely naked."

He let's out a heartfelt laugh and winks. "Were you really?"

No. "Yeah, shut up."

He smiles again, starting to button up his shirt.
"Ready for our scene?"

We have yet to talk about the scene, seeing as we both avoided mentioning the kiss when reading through it. "I think so. Can't be that bad."

"Definitely not. I'm completely ready." Tom smiles and nudges me softly as he walks past me and out of the room. "See you in a couple of minutes!"

I'm quite quick to change, before hurrying over after him. I already got my make-up.

We shoot most of the dialogue first. Tom apologizes for walking in and I (Naomi) say it's okay. She tells him that it's not the fact that he saw her having sex, because she doesn't really care that much about that. She just doesn't like that he saw her being treated like that. He then asks why she lets herself be treated that way and they talk a bit about prostitution and sex before he tells her why he's so sad.

After the dialogue we're ready for the kiss. The directors try to explain how they want us to do it.

"Keep looking at her for a while, then lean in and kiss her and grab her neck." Mark says.

"Like this?" Tom asks and leans in.

I'm very surprised and my heart is racing. His lips meet mine and shortly after his hand is resting on my neck. It's a short kiss, only for demonstration I guess.

"Yeah, but maybe a bit more hasty when you first lean in." Mark nods.

"Alright, think I got it."

"Action!"

We sit in silence and I look over the crowd of people behind the cameras. (My character is supposed to look out over the park). I realize that a lot of the cast is watching. Including Ella, Wrenn, Sam and Rob. Oh, and Haley as well.

My gaze goes back to Tom who's staring at me. We look at each other for a moment before he crashes his lips to mine. Kissing me hastily, but still softly... I kiss back, but sit still with my hands down. Our kiss slows down and Tom slowly pulls away. We breathe for a moment.

"I won't do this, James."

He looks up into my eyes. "I mean... You are not yourself right now, and you're down. If you just wanted plain sex, of course I could have sex with you. But not this."

"Naomi-.." he starts, but I interrupt him. "And you don't want casual sex. You want.. I won't do that. Not like this. I don't think you even know what you want. Not really."

Tom is silent for a moment. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry."

Then we start up dialogue again.

"Cut!"

We get some directions and do the scene several more times. Each time he kisses me I'm left wanting more. It's a little bit uncomfortable knowing that everyone is watching, but at the same time, it's just a scene they're looking at.

Once he crashes into me a little bit to hard and we both crack up. The next time I start laughing before he even gets to kiss me.

"I'm sorry... I'm going to try not to think..."

I get myself together and serious before we do it again. Just as he is about to kiss me Tom instead sticks out his tongue and shoves it into my mouth. I'm startled and my eyes fly open. Everyone around us is laughing now. I can't hold it either.

Mark sighs, but he is smiling. "Okay, we're never getting through this scene..."

"I'm sorry..." Tom shakes his head. "I just had to."

We do the scene again... and again. Now we're both focused. But I'm starting to really want more of his kisses. It's making it really hard to keep my head clear. I almost forget that we're even doing a scene and I have to tell myself that I can't kiss him back too much. As his lips meets mine once again I just can't control myself as much. I move my lips willingly with his, pushing my tongue carefully in between his soft lips. He doesn't break the kiss, and his hand resting on the back of my neck slowly slides down to the front. I'm almost about to put my arms around his neck when I'm pulled back to reality. We both are.

"CUT!" We quickly pull away from each other, breathing heavily. "You're not supposed to kiss him back that much, y/n."

"Yeah, I'm sorry..." I excuse. I'm glad the lights are quite dimmed, as I'm pretty sure my entire face is flaming red.

"Got a little bit carried away?" One of the cameramen teases.

I roll my eyes. Looking back to Tom he has this smirk on his face. "Oh please..." I sigh. He chuckles.

"Let's do it once more."

And we do, and this time it seems like we get it all right. We're dismissed.

"That wasn't so bad." I joke. Tom laughs. "It really wasn't." His eyes follow me. "Are you alright, y/n?"

"Yes, thank you." I give him a reassuring nod. I know he is thinking about yesterday. The thought makes me blush. He fucking saw me almost completely naked... trying to push that thought out of my head I thank him for comforting me.

"Oh no problem. Happy to." He smiles before being called over by some of the directors for a new scene.