17. I always test drive

A text pops up on my screen.

Hi, I'll be there in five minutes
Tom

He's on his way to pick me up... I feel my blood rush, as I pull on my sweater and grab an apple. A new text sound from my phone...

I'm here, Tom.

I quickly grab my bag and run out.

He is standing outside his car, waiting for me, in jeans and a blue sweater which fits him perfectly. And tightly... As I approach him, he opens my door for me, and I thank him.

"Ready for today's scenes?" I ask him as he starts driving.

"I think so, what about you?"

"Yeah. Went over the lines a lot of times yesterday. I'm talking a lot today..."

Tom nods. "Haley and Ella aren't working early?"

"Nope, they don't start until after lunch."

He nods and smirks. "So, we're apparently dating..."

I laugh. "Oh my god, yes... Did you read the articles?"

Tom shakes his head with a chuckle. "Nooo... no. I don't particularly like reading about myself in articles like that. I only read the headlines... All though I must admit that I'm curious."

"Yeah... they were quite... misleading."

"I'm sure they were."

"Fans are certain that we're dating because I wore your jacket..."

Tom chuckles again.

"Oh, which speaking of, I can give you back tomorrow, I didn't remember it today..."

Tom dismisses me with a hand gesture. "It's no hurry. I fancied it on you..."

I smile shyly, as I don't know how to reply. My mind wanders back to last night. Our moment in the makeup trailer...

To distract myself I say: "There are lots of videos of us as well, you know..."

Tom frowns. "What kind of videos?"

"Lots of different ones. On TikTok specifically..." I shrug. "Some are just clips of us and others are edited videos..."

Tom shakes his head. "I haven't seen any of those, but I don't have TikTok either... You have to show me."

I agree to that. "Oh, and I was right by the way." I add.

"About what?"

"The two girls we met yesterday were in fact filming us for a while. I came over a tiktok one of them posted"

"Oh... What did they post?"

"Just us answering questions. Nothing major." I smile.

"Okay... Well, you'll have to show me some of these."

"I can do that..."

We both go silent.

"Just turn on the radio if you'd like." Tom gestures to the radio in front of us.

I fumble with the buttons, but manage to find a radio station.

We sit in a very comfortable silence listening to the music filling the car. It's sunny outside today, and everything is glowing golden. I steal a gaze at Tom, he is already looking at me. Our eyes meet and he cracks a sweet smile before tearing his eyes away and to the road again. But he continuously peek over at me, which makes my heart beat even faster.