36. "In the pain there is healing"

This one was a bit difficult to write, but I like how it turned out. Sorry for the wait, and enjoy❤️
———————————

"Y/n? Is everything alright?"

Fuck, what did I do? It takes me a moment before I can make myself say something.

"I... Yes I..." I take a deep breath. "I just... I remembered you told me... You said that if..."

"Yes?"

"You know what, I'm sorry, it was probably stupid." I sigh.

"No... I'm sure it's not. Tell me?" he asks softly.

"Uhm... I'm in London."

He's silent for a moment. "What?"

"I had an audition here, and a photo shoot... and I still have some time..." I keep walking and looking around at the many faces of strangers. I'm missing a familiar one. "And I just got to thinking about what you said. That I'd have to let you know if I ever went to London, so you could show me around..."

I can only hear his breath as I go silent. He doesn't answer straight away and I feel the panic rise inside of me. "Just forget about it, I shouldn't have called." I say. As I'm about to end the call he finally answers:

"No, I'd love to, y/n."

I sigh in relief.

"You're free tomorrow?"

"Yeah." I nod although he can't see that of course.

"I'm busy at the moment but I'll be free in a couple of hours. We could meet up, get something to eat and plan what to see tomorrow?" he suggests.

"Sounds good."

"What hotel are you staying at?"

I tell him and he says he'll meet me at seven.

"Okay. See you, then." I say in a low voice.

"See you, y/n." he replies before we hang up.

I have to sit down at the nearest bench to process this. I'm holding my phone so tightly, my knuckles are turning white. This doesn't change anything though. He'll just show me around... Still, I can't wait to see him again. Talk to him... This probably wasn't a very good idea. We were supposed to stay away from each other. We agreed the week off would be good. Get some distance... Fuck...

I have a hard time deciding what to wear, as I didn't bring too much clothes. Also what do you wear to a non-date date with the man you just ended things with and really want, but should stay away from?

I eventually go with just a couple of white pants and a nice blue top. Not too revealing, but still hot. I wait in the lobby as we agreed. I'm nervously looking around as the clock turns seven. Just then the doors open and he walks in. I have to look twice to realize it's him though, as he's in sunglasses and a hat.

I get up, meeting him halfway.

"Hi..." He says giving me a smile and taking off his glasses. Those eyes... A sigh escapes my lips as I look into them.

"Hi."

We just stand awkwardly in front of each other. What I want is so different from what i should, so I just don't do anything.

"Let's get going." Tom says, and leads us out of the hotel. The walk is quite short, till we're outside the restaurant.

Luckily there aren't too many people here, and Tom doesn't get recognized. We order our food and as we wait for it, finally we start talking.