Chapter 2: Switching Talents

*Back in Paris*

"You really think I can find my soulmate at 25? How do I even find him or her?" Juliette questioned Valerie.

"Well, according to history, you begin by switching talents unexpectedly with your soulmate. Then, based on what talent you got from your soulmate during the switch, you try to figure out who has your switched talent," Valerie informed her.

"How did you find your soulmate?"

"I tried every talent I could think of until one of them became surprisingly easy for me to do that I normally could not do before."

"And how long does the switch last?"

"For your first switch, it could be a few days, weeks, or even several months."

*Back in Seoul*

"Several months?" Jimin exclaimed, "I can't live without dancing for several months!"

"It depends on how long you and your soulmate take to figure out each other's talents. Didn't your parents ever explain the whole soulmate thing to you?" Yoongi said.

"They did briefly but I mostly picked it up from you guys finding your's."

"We don't all have ours but for those of us who do, we'll help you. Right guys?" Namjoon said.

Jin, Yoongi, and J-Hope nodded in agreement. They had found their soulmates in the last four years. However, the fandom did not know that they had found their soulmates given that, like they had done with Jimin that day, they needed to play it off as something else. If the fans discovered they had found their soulmates, it would cause their soulmates live's to be at risk of receiving threats or getting their privacies invaded.

"Thanks hyungs, really. I feel so lost without dance and it hasn't even been a full day so knowing I have your support means a lot to me," Jimin told them.

"We will always have your back," Namjoon kindly told him.

"So what now?" Jimin asked.

"You try every talent we can think of until one strikes as surprisingly easy," J-Hope told him.

*Back in Paris*

Juliette began to try out talents she could come up with off the top of her head. It did not take her long to realize it was dancing since that was the second talent she tried. It came to her naturally and she was super good unlike every other time she tried to dance. She figured out that contemporary dancing was her specialty but she could also do a mix of hip hop, break dance, and pop.

"Wow this is so fascinating! Seems like my soulmate is a dancer," Juliette pointed out.

"That's so fun for you! I felt bad for my husband when he switched with me because I got his cool talent of singing and he got my lame sewing talent," Valerie reminded her.

"That talent is not lame! You have saved me from embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions so many times. I still think you should be a fashion designer but anyway, how do I know when we've switched back to our talents?"

"Once your soulmate figures out your talent, then you will switch back. You'll have to keep trying to paint everyday to know when it is that you switched back."

"And then we just keep switching randomly until we meet and kiss right?"

"Not exactly, but close."

*Back in Seoul*

"So let me get this straight," Jimin said, "After we switch back, I have to use my own talent to guide me through clues of who my soulmate is. Then I have to get to know them and deeply build a romantic connection with them before kissing them so we can control if we want to switch talents or not?"

"That about sums it up nicely," J-Hope said.

"And what if I can't figure it out after we switch back?"

"The next time you switch randomly, you use their talent to get another clue and after both of you have completed your second clue, you switch back. That keeps happening until you meet and make eye contact. By then, the universe knows you have met your match and you'll only have to switch twice every week (at random) until you kiss after building..." Jin said.

"A deep romantic connection," Jimin interrupted him, "Got it. But what happens if we kiss and haven't built a romantic connection?"

"Then you're stuck with each other's talents forever, so both of you have to be in love. That takes time," Yoongi commented.

Jimin threw himself onto the couch in the living room and sighed in frustration.

"I just know this is going to get in the way of my career," Jimin thought to himself.

*Several days later, back in Paris*

Juliette woke up bright and early as she had done every morning and set up her canvas to attempt and paint again. She dipped her brush into the paint and was able to make a mark on her canvas. She instantly called Valerie.

"Valerie! I can paint again! That means my soulmate figured out my talent!" Juliette exclaimed to her over the phone.

"Get to painting then! I want to see your clue! I'll be right over as soon as you're done," Valerie replied with excitement.

Juliette got to painting and it was forming a city landscape. When she completed it, she did not know what city it was and she waited for Valerie to arrive. When she got there, Valerie immediately was able to identify that building.

"That's the N-Seoul Tower in Seoul, South Korea. I went there for my honeymoon to admire the amazing view. We even left a lock on the fence nearby," Valerie pointed out.

"Could this mean my soulmate is in Seoul?" Juliette asked.

"Most likely."

*Back in Seoul*

Jimin thought that the best way to use his talent to figure out his clue was to dance to his song "Serendipity" since it was intended to be a romantic song and even though it has choreography, he chose to ignore it and improvised. He would let the music guide his moves. He placed a camera on a tripod in one of HYBE's practice studios to record his dance for later.

He played his song and danced to his heart's content until it was over. He shut off the camera and went to watch it in the dorm but after watching it over and over again, he couldn't put his finger on what the clue was. He asked J-Hope for help since he was one of the most experienced dancers in BTS. J-Hope reviewed it carefully and realized that some of the poses he made in his dance resembled English letters.

"First you made what looks like an S, then an R, a P, an I maybe, and an upside down V which probably would be an A," he said.

Jimin wrote down the letters on a piece of paper and looked at it to see what word would come together.

"Srpia doesn't mean anything right?" Jimin said.

"Ask Namjoon, he's the one fluent in English," J-Hope said.

"Namjoon hyung!" Jimin called out, "I need help with English please!"

Namjoon heard his call and sat on the couch with him. Jimin explained to him the letter theory J-Hope suggested.

"I think he's right but the letters are mixed up. Let me rearrange them for you in my room so I can think properly," he said with a smile.

"Thanks hyung."

A couple hours later, Namjoon came out of his room excited.

"I figured it out!" Namjoon said as he walked out of his room, "Jimin open up! I got the word!"

Jimin opened his bedroom door and Namjoon turned the paper towards him so he could see it.

"The letters spell Paris."