Chapter 4: You're Fired

*Several days later in Paris*

Juliette was getting prepared for a reschedule on Esme Raysse's portrait before she switched talents again. As usual, Valerie was there as moral support and to make sure the painting would be handled carefully when moved into the museum.

"Hey Juliette, I need to tell you something while we wait for Mrs. Raysse," Valerie said.

"Sure, what's up?"

"I want to tell you what it feels like when you first make eye contact with your soulmate."

"That's kind of random, why? I'm not meeting them anytime soon."

"I just want you to know before I forget to tell you."

*Meanwhile, in Seoul*

J-Hope woke up and noticed that Jimin was not in bed. He got out to see if anyone else had woken up. Jin was the only one awake making breakfast for everyone as usual.

"Hyung, have you seen Jimin?" J-Hope asked.

"I thought he was asleep in your room," Jin replied.

"Well he's not in our room. I thought maybe you would've seen him go out."

"Maybe he's in one of the other member's rooms. Go ask."

J-Hope asked everyone else and nobody had seen Jimin.

*Back in Paris*

The doorbell rang and Valerie opened the door. Juliette was coming out of her art room with the last supplies she needed for the portrait.

"Madame Raysse," she said as she walked into the living room, "Thank you for agreeing to this redo. I am sure that I have my talent today so there's nothing to worry about."

There was no response and Juliette looked up from her painting set up and noticed that there was someone next to Valerie that was not Madame Raysse. The person was wearing sweatpants, a hoodie, and a black mask so she could only see their eyes but they were looking at the floor.

"Who is that?" Juliette asked, concerned.

"Yeah umm...Madame Raysse isn't coming today," Valerie said.

"So did this person come in her place to tell us? I'm confused."

The person in the hoodie looked up and made eye contact with Juliette. She felt a sudden rush of electricity in her body and a split second of a white flash in her eyes. She held her forehead as it hurt a little from what happened. The other person was also holding their forehead.

"Valerie, that thing you told me about earlier with soulmates making eye contact just happened to me after I looked at..."

She paused and looked up at the person standing in front of her.

"Are you my soulmate?" Juliette finally asked in French.

"Did you see a white flash too?" the person asked in Korean.

Juliette nodded and was taken aback by the person speaking Korean. Valerie was smiling to herself as she was the one who told the mysterious person to show up.

"What's your name?"

*Back in Seoul*

"Hey guys," Taehyung said as they sat at the dining table, "I figured out why we can't find Jimin."

He turned his phone so that they could read the latest headline: Park Jimin spotted at Incheon International Airport alone by paparazzi

"But where could he have gone?" Jungkook asked.

Everyone looked at each other with puzzled looks on their faces. None of them had any idea where Jimin could have gone.

*Back in Paris*

The mysterious person removed their hood and facemask to reveal themselves. Juliette and Valerie could not believe their eyes.

"Park Jimin?" they both asked in shock.

"But you told me your name was Mark!" Valerie said.

"Wait, you knew he was coming? How?" Juliette demanded.

Valerie admitted to having sent messages through Instagram with Jimin and he claimed to be a guy named Mark. He assured her that his talent when he switched was painting and that he would fly over to meet Juliette.

"You didn't ask him for a photo of himself? What if this was some crazy fan?" she yelled at Valerie in French.

"Oh no, you're mad at me."

"Of course I'm mad at you! You basically put our lives in danger! You're lucky it's just Jimin."

Juliette stormed out of the living room towards her bedroom. Valerie told Jimin to have a seat and that she would get her to calm down.

*Back in Seoul*

"Wow, Jimin hyung really was not careful," Jungkook commented.

He turned his phone to show everyone a different article posted a few hours after the first one titled: Park Jimin spotted at Charles de Gaulle Airport in France. The article talked about the possible reasons why Jimin was traveling alone without having notified fans.

"I bet he went to look for his soulmate. I knew it was suspicious of him to ask me that question a few days ago," Jin said as he shook his head.

"What did he ask you?" Namjoon said, intrigued.

"He asked me what it was like when I made eye contact with my soulmate for the first time."

*Back in Paris*

Valerie was pleading at Juliette's door for her to open and begged for forgiveness by claiming she had good intentions. Juliette, annoyed, eventually opened her door.

"Listen Valerie, I hired you to be my manager because you're more tech involved than I am and even though you're not that much younger than me, I didn't think you would be so careless at 23!"

"Je suis désolé (meaning "I am sorry" in French)."

"I accept your apology but I'm going to need you to hand over the passwords to my social media, you will no longer be handling them."

"You're removing my social media responsibility?"

"I'm actually...temporarily relieving you of all your duties as my manager."

"You're firing me as your manager?!"

"Temporarily Valerie. I just need some space after this. I feel very betrayed. Just because you handle my messages does not mean you can make decisions for me, even if you have good intentions. I will take care of Jimin but please, go home."

Juliette walked Valerie to the door and wished her a great rest of her day. She told her she would call her when she's ready to talk again after she processed everything with Jimin.