Chapter 18: No More Lies

"Let me go talk to her Mr. Bang," Juliette said.

"You better," he replied.

Juliette walked out and Jimin followed but she stopped him.

"I need to talk alone with her, ok? I brought her into this mess so I should be the one to fix it somehow."

"Ok," Jimin replied, "I will wait over here. I don't wanna be in the office with an angry Mr. Bang."

Juliette quickly caught up to Valerie who was waiting for the elevator to go down.

"What do you think you're doing Val?" Juliette asked.

"I'm leaving! Can't you see that?" Valerie yelled at her.

The elevator door opened and two of the TxT members were in there, Huening Kai and Soobin. Juliette stood in front of the door to keep Valerie from going in.

"Woah isn't that Venus?" Soobin commented.

"Don't call me that!" Valerie screamed at them.

"Let's get out of here!" Huening Kai said as he repeatedly pressed the "close door" button in the elevator.

"You can't let HYBE sue you," Juliette continued.

"Does it look like I give a f*ck? They can come at me with whatever they want to. I'm not scared of them."

"Well you're not, but I think your wallet might be. You don't know how much they will sue you for! We don't have that kind of money!"

"I would rather be poor and on the streets than put up with a lie with your soulmate to be an idol WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN MY DREAM TO BEGIN WITH!"

"But you accepted, for Sacha."

"I accepted for you."

Juliette looked at Valerie in shock trying to process what she just heard.

"For me? Why would you do that?"

"I knew that if I didn't accept, Mr. Bang would pressure you to join and you would've done it because you're a nice person and don't like letting people down. Then he would've exposed you and Jimin as soulmates. I thought that if I accepted, that would be over and now it made everything worse."

"Val, you didn't have to do that for me."

"I don't care if he sues me, I don't care if I go broke, I don't care if Sacha gets mad, I don't care about anything except you being protected."

"But in the office, you said you were going to reveal the truth. That exposes me."

"I meant I'm going to reveal that I'm not Jimin's soulmate, I wasn't going to say you are."

Juliette suddenly hugged Valerie and she reciprocated. They had a sweet embrace for several seconds. Juliette's gratitude was expressed through it and Valerie felt it. Jimin walked up to them and patted Juliette's back. They pulled away from each other and turned to face him.

"Were you snooping?" Juliette asked him.

"Yes, I was and because of it, I have decided that I will cover the expenses of the lawsuit," he replied.

"Why would you do that? It's not your obligation," Valerie said.

"It kind of is. I forced Juliette to switch talents with me permanently which means she had to go through all that work as my substitute which made Mr. Bang want her to become an idol. She then said no which made her bring Sacha and made Mr. Bang force you to switch, signed you, and now we're here. If I hadn't kissed Juliette that time, we wouldn't be in this situation. I'm responsible for all this, I should handle it."

Painting With Dance (A Jimin Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें